Leads and supervises people and fabrication activities to achieve established production goals consistent with standards of quality, safety, cost and housekeeping.
- Plans operations, utilization of skills and man-hours, material and work flow to assure timely production and quality standards of assigned products.
- Organizes and assigns work and instructs cross-trains and otherwise assists employees in the performance of their work.
- Ensures the consistent use of safety devices and personal protective equipment (PPE), supervises departmental housekeeping and maintains constant alert for hazardous conditions and practices. Drives safety ideas and improvements.
- Monitors and drives quality measures and implements continuous improvement efforts.
- Provides information and collaborates with other internal groups to effect cost reduction, work simplification, production scheduling and manpower planning.
- Participates in and coordinates programs related to employee communications, placement, training and development, orientation, quality, etc.
- Promotes positive employee relations through daily, open and direct communications.
- Ensures conformance with Company policies, practices and work rules related to attendance, performance, etc.
- Experience with high tonnage hydraulic presses, CNC Punch Presses, and Press Brakes.
- Experience with welding and finishing all types of materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors or above
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with emphasis on cooking products and/or other high end consumer products.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing concepts, quality measurements and OSHA requirements
- Problem solving and conflict management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong initiative and follow through
- Strong oral and written communications skills required
- Familiarity with Windows-based PC software as well as AS400 ERP Systems desired