- Are you a service-oriented person with experience in a facilities role in a professional environment? We are seeking a Facilities Associate to provide exceptional service for the New York office of a global, top-tier law firm. The Facilities Associate is responsible for providing facilities services to our client including as a direct liaison with clients, vendors, security and building management, and maintaining the overall integrity and operational functionality of the office, including aesthetics . Williams Lea Tag provides a range of support services for this law firm, and the right candidate will have the opportunity to learn skills in other service lines if desired.
(* denotes an "essential function")
- *Perform regular inspections of the client space (doors, furniture and fixtures) and escalate to relevant vendors for resolution
- *Respond to employee facility related requests - temperature, parking, etc.
- *Coordinate with Building Management on any issues relating to janitorial services, security, parking, etc.
- Support emergency evacuation plans/fire drills
- Interact with vendors for vending machines, coffee service, Life Safety Equipment, day porter, and other facility related services
- Obtain working knowledge on thermostats, HVAC controls, Fire Controls, Security alarm system
- *Coordinate minor moves
- *Coordinate furniture orders/minor furniture changes
- *Manage building access/badges and internal keys
- *Coordinate onboarding and offboarding of client staff
- *Assist Account Manager/Facilities Manager with overall maintenance of offices and ad hoc/special administrative projects in support of client initiatives
- *Work with manager to update Site Procedures Manual
- *Set tone for the environment by maintaining a positive personality, sense of urgency, independent thinking, self starting and high-spirited "can-do" disposition
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience in the area field of facilities, property management or building operations
- High School diploma or GED required
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Proven customer service skillset
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel), including Outlook email and calendar
- Experience in navigating a high-profile, high-paced environment
- Ability to problem solve, rationalize and mitigate/manage obstacles presented
- Self starter, task-oriented leader
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information
- Proven ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and complete projects in a timely manner
- Demonstrate initiative and proactive thinking
- Ability to work well with others in a team atmosphere
- Maintain a professional appearance and high level customer service mindset at all times
It is the policy of Williams Lea to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity of expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Williams Lea is a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing.