- Generally requires 4 to 7 years experience in facilities engineering, maintenance, process engineering, and capital project management.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Facilities Engineering or similar engineering discipline.
- Familiar with facility commissioning and FDA validation requirements.
- Systems knowledge and experience to include: HVAC, compressed air, electrical distribution, stationary systems, and structural design.
- Experienced in developing, writing, reviewing, and executing facility capital initiatives.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication skills to provide insight and consultation across operational and project implementation teams.
- Key internal interfaces include: Facilities Management, Production Operations, Maintenance, Purchasing, design firms, construction management firms, equipment suppliers, local building authorities.
Responsibilities: Facilities Project Engineer - NJ
Facilities Project Engineer to plan and direct both large and small facility engineering projects or assessments from concept to completion. Must have ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects simultaneously. Will apply comprehensive and diverse knowledge of engineering principles and practices within broad assignment areas.
- Leads facility projects to include full scope development, oversight of construction contracts, customer deliverables/schedule interface, project cost management, and applies facility construction standards.
- Ensures building code compliance, GMP compliance, safe contractor practices, and environmental requirements are sustained from design through completion for assigned projects.
- Routinely delivers project tracking metrics and reports for project spending and schedule management.
- Supports facility improvements and modifications to include architectural, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Provides scope definition of the overall project requirements to include concept, design, review and approvals, and project management through implementation.
- Support includes associated certifications, permitting, operating specifications, maintenance specifications, and engineering document changes.
- Oversees construction management service terms and conditions in conjunction with purchasing guidelines.
- Oversees delivery of technical facility project documents, drawings, and project records to be retained in accordance with document management procedures and requirements.
- Leads in-progress reviews and close out for facility project safety, environmental, project performance, and cost metrics.
- Provides innovative solutions for facility equipment, cost improvements, and space optimization.
- Collaborates routinely with production and other internal departments, as well as external engineering, equipment vendors and construction firms.
Projects may include, but not be limited to:
- Facilities Maintenance
- Safety Projects
- GMP and Non-GMP-type Projects
- Office and Exterior Construction related projects
- Engage and Manage Sub-Contractors
- Manage Project Progress
- Manage Project Spend
- Project/Project Sub-Contractor Safety
- Compliance Requirements