Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 68544BR Date posted 06/27/2018 City North Berwick State Maine Country US
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be a part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you will help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Are you a facilities supervisor with excellent skills and integrity? Will you utilize your background to lead and grow your team? If you answered yes then please review job description below and apply we will look forward to chatting with you.
Job Summary -
Proven ability to function independently and productively as an engineer, providing engineering services to facilities operations and maintenance. Display strong investigative or technological orientation with independence and strong initiative and dedication. Contribute to long-term strategic development of a complex engineering project or function area. We are seeking an individual to organize and provide written and/or verbal presentations of work with minimum input from supervisor. You will build credibility by performing high quality work. You will demonstrate willingness to assist others with problems. Effectively communicate and defend results of own work at technical meetings. Meet and communicate with team management and team members to assure proper dissemination of information throughout the department and site as necessary. Make use of all available media to share business pertinent information. The final grade level for this position will be dependent on the education, experience, and qualifications.
- Supports facilities operations and maintenance to ensure that all equipment is adequately maintained and functions expertly.
- Establishes new contractors to work at the facility and assures compliance to the procedures
- Designs and writes technical specifications. Prepares detailed instructions for the fabrication and installation of plant equipment and related machinery.
- Prepares capital request for projects
- Expected to successfully execute projects. The individual will take care of problems of increased complexity requiring considerable modification of techniques and applications of new theories and appreciate other disciplines.
- Coordinates start up and commissioning of new equipment and/or facilities.
- Evaluates and prepares economic studies of new or modification to the facilities.
- Coordinates, tests and troubleshoots new installations.
- Building credibility within group by performing high quality work. Expands the conceptual framework or the technical capabilities of the group. Demonstrates willingness to assist others with problems. Effectively communicates and defends results of own work at technical presentations in-house, with clients, and at technical meetings.
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English
Basic Qualifications -
BA/BS Degree with 4+ years of experience in facilities operations, or MA/MS Degree or related with 2+ years of experience in facilities operations
Preferred Qualifications -
- Proven success prioritizing multiple commitments and solving technical problems
- Leading team members
- BA/BS Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in building trades
- Good working knowledge and hands on experience in heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Familiar with federal, state and local fire and safety
- Familiar with preventive maintenance program
- Demonstrated success with team leadership, facilitation & coaching
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven organization skills
Education: BA/BS Degree
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.