The Facilities/Prod Eqt Maint Mgr oversees all aspects of preventative and predictive maintenance for assigned Plant. Schedule and supervise assigned staff; install, maintain and repair mechanical equipment and tools in the Plant; develop and implement a preventive maintenance program; and negotiate for and purchase parts and equipment from vendors. Responsible for controlling costs and performing all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Manage maintenance goal setting, activity scheduling and work allocation to ensure measurable goals, proper workload distribution, goal satisfaction and effective staff management
- Assist with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions
- Balance safety, quality, morale, productivity, and cost to achieve positive results in all areas
- Track, analyze and improve key maintenance parameters
- Implement policies and procedures
- Recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures, and work conditions
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures that affect the facilities.
- Make repairs as necessary or, if unable to do the work, secure services from appropriate vendors.
- Ensure that all the equipment and other facilities are working properly.
- Conduct daily walk through of areas around the buildings to ensure the area is free of rubbish and any safety hazards.
- Create monitoring systems or programs in the institution to detect problems as early as possible.
- Develop a system for cleaning, repair and maintenance of facilities.
- Ensure the safety of the building or establishment from fire, flood and other hazards.
- Prepare pertinent records and reports for the safety service division of the institution.
- Maintain the efficiency and good working conditions of the facilities.
- Coordinate with upper management on work issues.
- Be available to respond to after hour and weekend emergencies.
- Assist in set-up and break down of conference rooms for meetings.
- Assist staff in moving items when there is a change of office or cubicles.
- Service-oriented nature with attention to detail, good communication and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work well with internal customers and external vendors.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours.
Technical (knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgement, and make decisions within the scope of authority.
- Must be able to read and understand operation of systems, equipment, plumbing, etc.Behavioral Core Competencies
- Leadership skills - Must be able to lead and follow as required for positive internal business relationships.
- Developing People - Fosters continuous growth and learning of team members, provide support to peers on technical assignments by giving information and advice.
- Business Awareness - Understand Kyocera Precision Tools Inc. mission, products, services and key business challenges. Realize how external trends influence customers and competitors organizations
- Relationship Building – Collaborates effectively with customers and peers, seeks information and feedback from customers’ key decision makes, communicates effectively, uses language and terminology appropriate for the audience
- Implementing – Focused on results, possess a bias for action, makes timely decisions, is adaptable and has an impact that adds business value to the organization
- Quality - Actively seeks ways to continuously improve products and servicesRequired Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years' experience in manufacturing, maintenance and managing highly technical mechanics
- 5+ Years' experience in Safety and Risk programs
- Electrical Certification a plus
Software Skills Required: The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; frequently required to walk; and occasionally required to sit. The employee may on occasion lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, may on occasion lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Environmental Conditions: The above statements are intended to describe the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. The duties and responsibilities of this position are subject to change and other duties may be assigned or removed at any time.
Performance Review Level: Support Individual Contributor
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Basic: Alphanumeric Data Entry, Database, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing