The Facility Safety Manager, is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Warehouse, Transportation and Food Safety programs in the plant. Responsibilities include instituting proactive measures to prevent or reduce the potential for loss, including developing the safety training program to ensure consistent approach company wide, facilitate safety training programs as well as, train supervisors/managers in it.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Partner with the operations and other departments to manage the national safety training programs throughout company.
- Facilitate and manage safety committee meetings for Warehouse, Food and Transportation Safety.
- Deliver new hire safety training programs for Warehouse, Transportation and Food Safety.
- Partner with the transportation department to ensure compliance with various departments.
- Manage the coordination of incident investigations and ensure all incidents (no matter how small) get reported and investigated along with recommendations tracked until completion.
- Investigate all accidents, establish root cause and initiate preventative control measures to limit occurrences.
- Establish preventative control measures.
- Monitor and audit documentation processes for Food Safety.
- Monitor and audit OSHA programs to ensure compliance.
- Performs other job duties as required.
- AS. or B.S. in Safety or Science/Engineering (Preferred)
- HACCP Certification
- Experience can be substituted for education
- 3 or more years in administering safety programs within DC or manufacturing site
- Experience in WC, AL and GL claims
- Safety System Implementation Preferred
- Some Background in Manufacturing/Warehouse/Distribution Safety
- Familiarity of OSHA, DOT, EPA & FDA
- Training and coaching skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel