Kratos Space & Missile Defense Systems is looking for a Facility Security Officer (FSO) supporting our innovative engineering business unit launching rockets all over the world for national security customers. The Facility Security Officer (FSO will have the full support of existing security team members, including Assistant FSO’s and ISSM’s, at nearby business units and across the Kratos Defense & Security Corporation.
The Facility Security Officer is responsible for the overall security of the Kratos Space & Missile Defense Systems business unit. This will include but is not limited to physical, personnel, and information security responsibilities that will be shared amongst the current Kratos security team. The FSO will develop and administer security programs and procedures for classified and sensitive materials and data. The candidate will assist in the preparation of procedures for handling, storing, keeping records, and for granting access to closed areas, records, and materials. The FSO will process new employee security clearances, track security clearance investigations, and perform administrative support functions within the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) and Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP).
The FSO will design and present continuing security education as appropriate, assist in investigations of security incidents, and prepare security reports specifying preventive and corrective actions. The FSO will participate in security compliance audits and vulnerability assessments. The candidate will be required to communicate observations and recommendations to site leadership that promote the safety and security of company personnel, the facility’s assets, and business related interests.
The candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter with excellent organizational skills.
Experience and Skills
- Must be a United States citizen and possess a current Top Secret clearance
- Minimum of 5 years’ FSO/AFSO experience Working application and knowledge of the National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM), SAP Manuals, lCDs, and customer/contract specific regulations
- FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities
- Ability to plan, author, maintain, train, and audit security plans and procedures
- Working knowledge of physical and personnel security requirements
Must be knowledgeable with COMSEC and NATO proceduresPreferred Experience:
- DCSA Trained Facility Security Officer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organization and communication skills with a strong customer service focus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and fix security risks
- Effective at working independently and with others as required to perform multiple tasks concurrently with multiple deadlines and priorities
- With advanced notice, have an ability to support off-hour operations requirements as required
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint