This position reports to the Dean of Instruction. Primary responsibilities include facilitating information technology courses and course evaluation/development in a learner-centered environment.
- Perform instructional, committee, and other duties as assigned.
- Assist the Program Chair with student recruitment, retention, and graduation.
- Develop and maintain professional contacts by attending conferences and by actively participating in professional organizations.
- Maintain ongoing professional development.
- Participate in enrollment management initiatives, including marketing, recruitment, and retention of students.
- Perform program and course assessment activities as assigned.
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate assessment strategies to measure Core Learning Outcomes and direct measures of student learning.
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate examinations and other assessment methodologies.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a systematic plan for program evaluation in collaboration with the Program Chair and Dean of Instruction.
- Maintain the academic standards and integrity of the program.
- Develop, execute, evaluate, and update the course syllabi and provide Belmont College with the most recent official copy in electronic format
- Prepare daily lesson plans, course outlines, and other instructional materials as needed for effective instruction.
- Develop, teach, and evaluate all assigned courses incorporating active learning strategies.
- Recommend and order texts and other instructional materials to be used for instruction.
- Maintain a schedule of available office hours for consultation with students and others as may be required.
- Guide and counsel the student in her/his educational adjustments. Refer students for counseling and tutoring when necessary.
- Recognize and adapt teaching style to the educational needs of the individual students.
- Communicate tact and impartiality in dealing with students and student related problems.
- Demonstrate expertise in independent decision making incorporating goals and objectives of the course.
- Demonstrate competency in use of email, voice mail, and word processing.
- Provide instruction at off-campus sites as assigned.
- Submit attendance and grades for assigned students electronically as required and maintain appropriate grading documentation.
- Plan, attend, and assist with student, faculty, and college activities.
- Attend department faculty meetings.
- Establish and maintain professional communication and working relationships with all college faculty, administration, and staff.
- Serve on assigned or voluntary committees, governance teams, and task forces.
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate College and faculty policies, including FERPA.
- As needed, assist the Vice President of Academic Affairs and Student Engagement and the Dean of Instruction in the preparation of course descriptions and instructional schedules.
- Recommend to the Vice President of Academic Affairs and Student Engagement and the Dean of Instruction curriculum changes and/or revisions to improve the instructional process. Assist in the development of new related proposed technologies.
- Assist the Vice President of Academic Affairs and Student Engagement and the Dean of Instruction in all advisory committee functions.
- Lead instructor for Cyber Security and Computer Forensics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology, or a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a related field with work experience, and teaching experience;
- Microsoft certified, with the ability to teach the Server courses of Install and Configure, Server Administration, and Advanced Server;
- Faculty experience in a post-secondary setting;
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the assigned duties.
To apply, complete application at http://www.belmontcollege.edu/about-us/resources/human-resources/employment-application/ . A cover letter, resume, and three professional references must be included or emailed separately to firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp.