Big Bowl Chinese Express in Edina is hiring a hands-on FAST CASUAL GENERAL MANAGER. Join our leadership team and grow your career!
- Excellent Entry-Level Manager Opportunity…
- Benefits Offered & Competitive Pay: $36,000 - $45,000
- This Job Requires No Cash Handling!
We’re looking for a Fast Casual General Manager to oversee operations at our Edina location. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain management experience or to grow within an established concept.
What we’re looking for:
- Passion for leadership
- Guest focused approach to service
- Culinary skills to cook, sauté, and grill menu items
What We Have To Offer:
- Benefits & competitive pay
- Internal promotion opportunities
- Shift is from 9:00am – 8:30pm
- No key-holding responsibilities
- Free meal with each shift
If you’re ready to lead your team in a fast-paced environment – apply now to the Big Bowl Chinese Express team! EOE. E-Verify.
ABOUT BIG BOWL CHINESE EXPRESS: Big Bowl Chinese Express is a quick way to enjoy the same fresh and authentic Chinese food that makes Big Bowl restaurants so popular. We use quality ingredients such as naturally-raised chicken and beef as well as fresh vegetables. We are firm believers that the best food is made from scratch with bold layers of flavor in every dish. Big Bowl Chinese Express allows shoppers to experience that freshness and restaurant-quality taste with "take-it-to-go" convenience.
We offer competitive pay, quarterly bonus program, health and other insurance options, qualified domestic partner benefits, prescription benefit, vision discount program, 401(k), dining discounts at multiple LEYE restaurants, relocation assistance, paid vacation, and more.
Lettuce Entertain You is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We Participate in E-Verify.
We Participate in E-Verify.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the overall operation of a single store/unit and the hiring, training and development of his/her management and hourly staff. Work with senior management and the management team in setting the direction of the business in day to day operations as well as a plan to grow the business, drive sales, and manage costs. Responsible for the financial aspects of the restaurant.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Other duties will be assigned as needed) Must be willing and able to do the following:
- Train, coach and develop management team in areas including: LEYE culture, systems, policies and procedures, personal growth, operational and financial knowledge, interpersonal skills, and organizational techniques.
- Interview, hire, train, develop and retain qualified management and hourly employees.
- Interact with, direct and supervise employees on a daily basis in a fair and dignified manner.
- Schedule, conduct and document employee performance reviews according to standing operating procedure.
- Identify, address and document individual employee performance problems according to standard operating procedure. Discipline and/or terminate as necessary according to LEYE procedures.
- Lead by example and promote teamwork among co-workers and employees.
- Be accountable for all facets of restaurant operation.
- Perform varied duties to ensure proper restaurant operation according to standard operating procedure.
- Be “hands on” with all FOH positions to ensure smooth and efficient service.
- Assign employee workstations.
- Assure compliance with and uphold applicable policies and requirements of employment laws.
- Become proficient in all job functions of both front and back of house employees.
- Ensure adequate evening prep levels based on business levels.
- Perform a pre-shift line check to ensure quality of all items.
- Complete opening sanitation checklist, assign sanitation projects to hourly staff, and follow up to ensure project completion.
- Assure and maintain food quality standards including consistency and presentation.
- Fully understand and practice the LEYE company philosophies, LEYE Employee Handbook and employee benefits.
- Complete projects as assigned in a timely manner.
- Use tact and good judgement when dealing with difficult guests. Respond to their needs with patience and courtesy.
- Comprehend and adhere to sanitation guidelines as prescribed by federal, state, and local regulations.
- Comply with all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Pass food & beverage test in English with a score of 90% or more.
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures.
- Be able to stand and walk for an entire shift.
- Communicate in English in order to comprehend and perform/follow job requirements in written and spoken direction.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from management.
- Perform calmly and effectively in an extremely busy and stressful work environment.
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts including weekends and increased work schedules.
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels.
- Lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
GENERAL RULES Must be willing and able to do the following:
- Follow all uniform and appearance guidelines as befitting the image of the restaurant for the duration of the shift.
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- May not resort to any type of violence, discriminatory or harassing behavior.
Accessibility varies by location