CyberData Technologies, is an established technology solution provider headquartered in Herndon, Virginia. Our Core Competencies include Software Development, Systems Integration, Infrastructure Optimization, Cloud Computing, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Data Management, Cyber (Security, Intelligence, Technology, and Training) and Enterprise Mobility. We use a mission focused approach to identify challenges, anticipate threats, develop solutions, execute projects and deliver results. CyberData serves a majority of the Cabinet-level federal departments, including the Departments of Defense, Health & Human Services, Treasury, Education, Homeland Security, Department of Commerce and Executive agencies - GSA, SEC. We support Health IT, Biomedical Sciences, Research, Innovation, Analytics, GIS and Bioinformatics. Since our foundation, CyberData has built a leading reputation by delivering enterprise class solutions within prescribed timelines and budgets. We have a mission focused, customer service oriented culture with a dedicated sense of urgency in delivering cost conscious, innovative solutions to meet evolving business requirements. CyberData has strong leadership, dedicated employees, industry knowledge and the necessary tools to succeed. We organize our development efforts around effective repeatable processes that are continually measurable and subject to close customer feedback. Our process-oriented environment allows us to deliver high quality services and offer significantly lower costs and fast turnaround time for deliverables. CyberData maintains our commitment to the highest quality of service in every project and has achieved ISO 9001:2008, ISO 20000, and CMMI Level 3 certified processes. Our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to their professional development and growth. We provide competitive salaries, bonuses, generous benefit packages, and paid time off to balance work and personal commitments.
We are looking for a proposal manager/writer to support the business development team in growing the organization to a higher level of sustainable performance.
Job Location: Herndon, Virginia
Job Duties (include but not limited to):
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs); attending strategy meetings.
- Prepare written material, formats, templates, tables, for responses to Federal contract requests including RFIs, Sources Sought (SS), Requests for Proposals/Quotes (RFP/Qs), Task Orders (TOs)white papers, briefing slides, proposals, and research papers
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Contribute to pre-proposal activities, including intelligence gathering; identifying stakeholders; performing a competitor analysis; conducting client research; and attending pre-bid meetings with capture team
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Develops and integrates themes, discriminators and key success factors based on Capture guidance
- Develops and integrates proposal features, benefits, and proofs
- Makes recommendations on how to best respond to the RFP meeting or exceeding the customer's requirements, within company guidelines and the competitive environment.
- Manages and integrates writer work products, ensuring proposal compliance and uniformity
- Interviews managers and technical experts and develops proposal narratives
- Resolves issues with originating authors or team members
- Writes, edits, and rewrites technical sections; maintains document configuration management and control
- Reads and analyzes RFPs and edits proposal content for readability, consistency, clarity, and compliance with requirements
- Ensures that all RFP format specifications have been followed and meets all proposal deadlines
- Improves the readability and clarity of text by using active voice and concise language, and minimizing jargon
- Minimize style differences from multiple authors and contributors
- Works collaboratively with Proposal Management for feedback on design standards
- Creates style manuals and acronym lists that are customized for each proposal effort
- Edit and review written material prepared by others to include the actual narrative and compliance with formats and templates, win themes, solicitation compliance, and solution accuracy
- Demonstrates an outstanding level of commitment to each project
- Proven track record of collaborating in a team environment to get the job done under all circumstances
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism, Business, Public Policy or related field from accredited college/university,
- Experience with governmental technical proposal development and processes is required.
- Excellent communication skills and extensive proposal writing and editing experience
- Must be proficient in grammar, spelling, and punctuation and have accurate proofreading skills
- Requires excellent organization skills and extreme attention to detail
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project)
- Familiarity with select Adobe software, such as Acrobat, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Flexibility in adapting to deadlines, changing schedules, priorities and unpredictable events
- Must be detail oriented and able to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of the Shipley process for proposal development
- Ability to produce professional, technically-sound, and visually-appealing presentations and graphics
- Experience with proposals from small, quick response task order opportunities under IDIQ, BPA, GWAC, GSA contracts to large competitive proposals in Federal Government, Civilian and/or DoD.
- Occasional unscheduled overtime and weekend support is required
- Experience with Technical Writing is a plus
U.S. Citizen and Green Card Holder only. Please send your resume with your salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp Principals only please: no employment agencies. No telephone calls please.
CyberData is an equal opportunity employer.
CyberData Technologies, Inc.