The Customer Group (CG) team is our field based, customer facing organization consisting of Sales, Marketing, Applications, Finance, Human Resources, Facilities & IT. They partner closely with our customers to provide a comprehensive portfolio of products, services, software and expertise, to help them manage yield throughout their fabrication process—from research and development to final volume production. Responsibilities of this group include maintaining strategic client relationships, identifying and closing sales opportunities, ensuring our products meet performance capabilities & expectations, providing critical solutions for improved yield performance, and collecting requirements for future products by understanding customer processes and technology trends. Partnering with our service organization and factory divisions, this diverse and dynamic team helps ensure alignment between customer needs and corporate offering to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
The selected Field Applications Engineers will join a dynamic team in our Malta, NY office and will be responsible for supporting KLA-Tencor's optical film metrology products in the field. The ideal candidate shall have strong optical thin film metrology background with semiconductor industry experience. There are five main areas of focus in this role:
- Drive projects related to new product introduction, pre-sales and manage customer demonstrations, competitive head to head activities at customer facilities, and provide product and applications training to customer.
- Identify and implement new applications and use cases, and maintain competitive advantage in product penetration, adoption, and market share.
- Engage with customers to design test plans, perform data collection and analysis, develop optical film metrology solutions to solve problems and drive yield improvement.
- Generate best known method (BKM) documents and other training material and transfer product knowledge to K-T's worldwide Field Applications team, publish papers at industry symposiums or in technical journals.
- Work closely with engineering, sales and marketing within K-T and share product value and customer use-cases, make recommendations to drive product sales.
This position provides opportunities to interact with many organizations within K-T in different geographic locations and may require minimal travel to support OCD product applications related activities at K-T product division, manufacturing and customer Fabs.
- PhD or Master, in Optical Engineering/Sciences, Optics, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Material Science or related fields.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, combined with a methodical approach.
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Well organized, self-driven, strong follow-up abilities, demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic technical environment.
- Training in optical metrology, semiconductors or related fields.
- Background in IC processing/Semiconductor equipment is a plus.
Kindly send your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.