“Boston, MA Area or remote based”
Client and Position Summary:
Our client is well established, mid sized organization (approximately $75-80MM). They are a global leader of differentiated power conversion solutions. They offer OEM’s turnkey power conversion solutions for their most mission critical applications, ranging from standard products to modified standard and completely custom solutions. Their portfolio offers OEM’s superior performance in thermal management, EMI, EMC, power density, long life, and ruggedness.
The FAE will be responsible for supporting the technical needs of customers and assisting with organic growth opportunities by collaboratively working with the Sales organization in North American and to some extent globally to win new business. The FAE will lead existing customers and new customers with applications and/or quality issues solutions, assisting with brand recognition initiatives, and executing training sessions across the Channel partners. Emphasis will be on, but not limited to, the medical market segment.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
* Meeting with customers to quantify and qualify opportunities and provide detailed analysis of customer applications and system requirements to the product management and engineering organizations.
* Serving as the technical liaison between customers and the product marketing, product development and engineering teams.
* Coordinating and supporting the data generation and gathering for the new product development processes (Blueprinting).
* Preparing compelling and value based technical solutions for customer to exceed their expectations and gain their trust as their Power Solutions subject matter expert.
* Assisting in the quoting process by coordinating technical specification to offer the best and most competitive Power Conversion Solution to customers.
* Providing customers with Power Conversion Solutions selection guidance and documentation (agency, external specs and prints, testing information).
* Supporting existing customers that are experiencing applications or quality issues. Resolving basic applications / technical issues independently and partnering with the Engineering and Quality organization (as deemed appropriate) to resolve more complex issues.
* Educating and providing training sessions to internal sales and channel partners (SLPE Representatives and Distributors) on the technical aspects of Power Conversion Solutions and applications.
* Assisting with the brand recognition and promotional campaign by delivering frequently white papers, application notes, and technical articles.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent is required. A Master’s degree would be plus.
* Ideal candidate will have 7-10 years career experience with a primary career focus in the power conversion industry. We are open to considering candidates who are slightly more experienced and/or whose industry focus is adjacent (similar) to Power Supply (i.e. – Tranformer, Inductor, relevant Semiconductor related expereince, etc…).
* Experience developing and delivering technical presentations to a small and large audience is required.
* History working for a “fact based” organization / culture, adaptive to ambiguity and grounded in consultative – value based selling.
* Technically savvy in key tools as: Google Apps (Gmail and Docs), SalesForce.Com, Spot Fire, ERP systems GUI, PowerPoint and Excel.
* Must be willing to travel approximately 30-40% to support customer needs and to participate in corporate training.
Please Note: Our client is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer for Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with a Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
To Apply: Email resume to email@example.comHelp and include “Field Applications Engineer (Power Supply – Medical)” in the subject line. Your resume will be reviewed by the Aeroindustryjobs recruiting team and should you be selected for further consideration, you will be contacted prior to your resume being sent to our client to protect your confidentiality.