The Opportunity Our Denver, CO facility is currently looking for a Field Chemist. In this role, the Field Chemist works both indoors and outdoors at plants, labs, and customer sites; and is responsible for assisting with daily labpacks within customer facilities, household hazardous waste (HHW) collections and lab moves. This is a physically labor intensive role. Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Safe and compliant execution of labpack projects/jobs and the proper packaging of material/waste and off-specifications of commercial products;
- Print required labels and labels drums and assure driver of an expedient pick-up. Load/pack materials/wastes properly and segregate for compatibility the waste material on transport vehicle;
- Overall quality control of waste materials to be shipped;
- Understand customer specific disposal restrictions/special packaging requirements;
- Ability for travel up to 50% per week.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree in chemistry, biology, geology, or other natural science preferred;
- Class B CDL preferred or ability to obtain;
- Detailed oriented and able to multi-task;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Valid Driver’s License required.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action.Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.