Do you like working with people? Are you detail-oriented? Are you interested in learning about how neighborhood environment can influence health outcomes?
Become a Field Data Collector today with PHRESH and the RAND Corporation!
On behalf of the RAND Corporation, Headway Workforce Solutions is currently seeking Field Data Collectors to work on a research study in Pittsburgh, PA. You will work on the PHRESH project, Pittsburgh Hill/Homewood Research on Neighborhoods and Health (PHRESH) project. The purpose of the PHRESH project is to understand how neighborhood environment can influence the diet and shopping behavior of residents. Data collection is expected to begin in September 2018 and continue through November 2018.
As a Field Data Collector, you will:
- Travel within neighborhoods to conduct systematic observations of food stores and restaurants, looking for quality, quantity and price of certain foods
- Complete the required number of observations by the end of the data collection period.
- Preserve the integrity and confidentiality of all information acquired, including signing a confidentiality agreement
- Why You’ll Love Working with PHRESH
- Competitive hourly rate of $14/hour depending on experience + $0.545/mile travel reimbursement
- Variable schedule of 20-30 hours per week with evening and weekend hours
- Paid training program
- Explore issues of health and well-being and diet, among other issues that are important to your community while gaining valuable work experience with RAND Corporation, a nonprofit global policy and research organization
Field Data Collector Qualifications:
- Familiarity with the Hill District and/or Homewood neighborhoods
- Prior experience working in community organization, data collection, field interviewing, or similar field preferred
- Available to work a flexible and variable schedule of 20-30 hours/week, including daytime, evening and weekend hours
- Ability to commit to the full duration of the project (2-3 months)
- Attend paid training program September 25th – September 27th 2018
- Valid Driver’s license, automobile insurance, and personal reliable transportation
- Pass Required Background Check
- Basic knowledge of computers, tablets, hand held devices, and cell phones
- Daily access to and willingness to check a personal email address
- Frequent local travel to respondent locations
- Be outside and exposed to all types of weather
- Be exposed to fumes and odors as might be expected in varied environments
- Communicate through speech and listening
- Read text verbatim from a notebook or computer screen
- Transport equipment and materials weighing between 5-10 lbs depending on your assignment
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, approximately 50-75% of the time in the field
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.