A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The BioMonitoring business field of MilliporeSigma Corporation is seeking an Application Specialist to support the growth strategy of the field. BioMonitoring is focused on supporting the microbiology needs of the Pharmaceutical Industry who manufacture therapeutics, vaccines, and diagnostic products. The ideal candidate will be a scientist/microbiologist/molecular biologist with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical or biotechnology quality control, validation, regulatory requirements, and quality assurance with 3-5 years of sales experience. In addition, the ideal candidate is results-oriented, passionate about what they do, works with a sense of urgency, stays focused, and works well on a team.
This Pennsylvania territory has majority of the accounts based on the east coast. Greater Philadelphia area (King of Prussia, Swiftwater) as well as smaller concentration of accounts in Pittsburgh.
- Travels ~70% of the time, as necessary to meet the objectives
- Consistently achieve sales targets established by the Sales Manager.
- Submission of accurate quarterly forecasts and forecast updates as requested on a timely basis.
- Prioritize and manage territory through planned coverage and interaction with key accounts, thought leaders, and end users. Proactively pursue and follow-up on sales opportunities for microbial limits, bioburden, sterility testing, environmental monitoring and rapid microbial detection and mycoplasma technologies.
- Maintain a high level of technical and application competence and utilize this knowledge in a manner which will enable him/her to add value to our products and services, to promote and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Work collaboratively with client quality assurance and quality control groups in the territory, utilizing internal partners such as Field Marketing and Technology Specialists as necessary to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Deliver solid presentations as it relates to strategy and / or business review meetings and POAs at the territory and customer levels.
- Execute solid management skills in implementing and executing successful POAs that balance sales activities with customer needs, channel needs, purchasing agent needs, account development, cross-business activities against business field needs
- Maintain effective and professional communication in the field and with internal contacts in the Corporation.
- Schedule and execute seminars, tradeshows, and pricing promotions within the defined territory.
- Manage the overall sales channel (direct, distribution) within your territory to include, but not limited to, account Plans of Action (POAs), business reviews, and training.
- Manage effective pricing strategies to include " but not limited to " contracts and customer-specific pricing programs (CSPs): Renewals, negotiations, and implementations.
Who You Are
- BS/MS in microbiology, molecular biology, pharmaceutical sciences, life sciences.
- 3 - 7 years of demonstrated experience in meeting/exceeding sales targets
- The emphasis would be on the quality control programs required in pharmaceutical / biotechnology production environment.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and implementing tactical business plans at territory level and account level.
- Demonstrated capability of establishing relationships at all appropriate account levels to close the sales process.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate information appropriate to the level of the audience.
- Relevant business acumen in the Pharmaceutical & Biotech market.
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office software in a business environment.
- Knowledge of varying supply chain procurement processes and or options.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization inspiring teamwork to achieve results.
- Sales competency which includes selling skills, relationship building, call planning, territory development, follow-up and closing skills.
- Technical competency demonstrated in product knowledge, product application and product positioning and competitive environment in the Microbiology discipline (focus in Bioburden, Environmental Monitoring and Sterility is a plus).
- Sound judgment and problem-solving competency in handling all sales channels, product issues, sales
- Familiarity with GMP Validation, quality control processes and manufacturing of food, beverage and pharmaceutical products
- Three to 5 years of experience within pharmaceutical development or technology implementation
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.