Field Service Engineer
|Description:|| We are seeking a Field Service Engineer for a position in Pittsburgh, PA. |
- Undertaking all work activities safely, ensuring compliance with all health, safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Install, commission, service and repair supplied equipment down to component level
- Provide customer instruction and training on the correct operation and maintenance of the equipment
- Supervise third party labor during installation and operation activities
- Complete and submit service documentation for customer and internal use
- Make own travel arrangements using the Company provided tool
- Partner with customers and Management regarding progress of installation and repair work
- Ensure delivery of a quality product and services by following the necessary process and procedures
- Exercise commercial awareness, including promoting products and services, and being conscious of both company costs and the customer’s costs
- Ensure compliance with company expense, travel and entertainment policies
- Assist with other duties as required by the Service Manager
|Requirements:|| Job Requirements: |
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working within an industrial setting
- Minimum of Associate Degree level in electronic/electronic engineering or a related subject
- Be a multi-skilled technician, though biased towards electrical/electronic disciplines
- Have excellent communication skills and experience of dealing with customers at all organizational levels
- Be self-motivated and possess good time-management skills
- Must have a valid U.S. Driver’s License and Passport (or ability to obtain).
- Must be able to undertake regular flights, mostly domestic, sometimes international.
- Navigate a steel plant on foot, carrying tools and equipment.
- Travel and spend time away from home – up to 65-70% of their time, including occasional weekends. Travel will usually be throughout North and South America, but could involve other international locations including training in the UK. When not travelling to customer sites, the engineers provide technical support over the phone or by email and assist with in-house repairs and documentation.
- Should feel confident in their ability to travel and work independently.
|Job Location:||Duquesne, PA|
|Synerfac Branch:||Pittsburgh, PA|
|Synerfac Branch Phone:||(412) 380-0600|