GF Machining Solutions is the world’s leading provider of machines, Automation solutions and services to the tool and mold making industry and to manufacturers of precision components. Products range from Electric Discharge Machines and high-speed and high-performance Milling Machines – including clamping and palletization systems – to 3D Laser surface texturing machines, services, spare and expendable parts, consumables, and Automation solutions.
POSITION: Field Service Engineer
LOCATION: Hartford, Connecticut Area
- Perform the installation and service of machines and associated products and equipment at the customer facility.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance tasks with minimal technical assistance.
- Analyze and resolve application problems of limited complexity.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, or upgrade the machines and equipment; identifying, ordering, and installing parts and components.
- Conduct training for both team members and customers on the safe operation and preventive maintenance of the machines and related equipment.
- Serve as a key communication link between the customer and the company; ensuring that the customer receives the most effective and efficient service possible.
- Accurately complete all reports in a timely manner.
- Experience operating, maintaining, or repairing 5-axis milling machines. Experience with Siemens PLC systems is beneficial.
- Associate’s Degree with formal mechanical and/or electrical training; and/or 1-3 years’ experience in a similar manufacturing or machine tool company; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Comprehensive experience working with pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, and computer systems.
- Experience programming G code, M code, and C++. Experience interpreting prints and schematics.
- Experience with the use of test equipment and in-depth knowledge of milling machines and related products and equipment.
- Computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge and experience with Great Plains or similar software program.
- Professional demeanor with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A strong commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel when necessary.
GF Machining Solutions LLC
Darlene Regilio, Director of Human Resources
560 Bond Street, Lincolnshire, IL 60069
Phone: (847) 955-7172
Fax: (847) 913-5342
We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package. Benefits include major medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision coverage, life, short- and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) w/ company matching contribution, tuition reimbursement, PTO, and paid holidays.
Posting Date: July 13, 2018