The Agfa-Gevaert Group develops, produces and distributes an extensive range of analog and digital imaging systems and IT solutions, mainly for the printing industry and the healthcare sector, as well as for specific industrial applications.Job description:
Agfa Graphics is a leading supplier to the printing industry. All over the world, we supply sign & display companies with a range of highly productive and versatile wide-format inkjet printers and dedicated inks, in addition to workflow automation software. We also serve various industries by deploying our state-of-the-art inkjet inks in printing solutions that are integrated into existing manufacturing processes.
Commercial, newspaper and packaging printers count on us for the most extensive range of prepress solutions, including hardware, software and consumables. These include a.o. user-friendly chemistry-free printing technology which saves costs and the environment, as well as mobile publishing software for newspapers and magazines.
Responsible for properly managing customer accounts assigned by providing the hardware/software maintenance of standalone Agfa products and/or associated peripheral equipment. Major responsibilities center on implementing timely, effective installation and repair services as well as ensuring customer satisfaction and the active promotion of all company offerings.
The ideal candidate will be based in Tennessee.
- Responsible for the installation and repair of assigned Agfa products, to include safety verification of electrical and environmental factors at customer site, testing of product to ensure functional operation, verification of operating performance with customer, and review of the basic operational functions with the customer to meet our training obligation at installation.
- Performs preventive maintenance and repair functions on assigned SMA, courtesy visits as required, and time & material accounts.
- Maintains regular communications with Regional Manager to provide prompt escalation to difficulties and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Documents service calls, expenses and time reports on a daily basis and submit to zone office on a weekly basis according to established procedures; documentation must be legible and neat.
- Responsible for parts ordering and returning repairable spare parts components.
- Ensures the service ready condition of service aids, tools and diagnostic equipment.
- Maintains close contact with scheduler to meet all response time and uptime commitments.
- Promotes all Agfa offerings (i.e. System Maintenance Agreements, Professional Services, Products)
- Understand and adhere to all safety policies on the job and while driving company vehicle.
- Quickly ascertain customer demeanour and personality and be able to interact effectively.
- Engage with other Agfa employees and be able to work effectively with different skill-sets, emotions and motives.
- Demonstrate company loyalty and consciously make decisions that are fiscally responsible and prudent
- Be resourceful and creative but work without supervision while staying motivated.
- Incumbent serves as onsite conduit to Agfa management and Sales for customer issues: sales needs, political environment, staff changes, etc.
- Product expertise might be limited to similar product lines and customer environments: processors, proofing systems, small inkjet, commercial, newspaper.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in electronics technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a high-tech field, printing, publishing, and/or inkjet environment.
- Excellent Communication both written and verbal
- You will have Self-awareness and be a self-motivating person
- Experience in the Graphics, Inkjet, and Printing/Publishing Market is required
- Know customer service & support principals
- Understanding of remote diagnostics
Agfa Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Agfa is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail AccessAgfaJobs@agfa.com or call: 201-373-4010. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis."