Title: Field Service Representative I - Life Sciences
Our Mission: At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Who we are: STERIS is a growing provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services through our family of wholly owned subsidiaries.
The Field Service Technician provides preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, calibration and installation support on various mechanical, electro-mechanical, and electronic units. The Technician Interacts with customers on a daily basis and completes associated administrative tasks as required. Think of this as an electrical-mechanical-plumber-Customer Service Technician all rolled into one!
Every day, something special happens at STERIS. What will YOU help us do next? monsterSTE
Associate's degree in Electronics, mechanical or similar degree, plus one year of related experience, or a High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of five years of experience
- Excellent interpersonal and Customer communication skills
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency in computers and Windows software
- General knowledge of the following: principles and methods of sterilization, steam generators, operating lights and tables, industrial controls, central processing systems, and modular transport systems.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Flexibility to handle multiple and changing priorities Ability to work flexible hours, sometimes outside “normal business hours” and travel as required The Scientific Division requires general knowledge of GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) and GLPs (Good Laboratory Practices) Valid and clean driver’s license
- Position requires routine walking, bending, kneeling, and squatting, sitting, standing, reaching, and twisting.
- Must perform work from floor level to above shoulder height. Must routinely lift/lower/carry 1 to 35 pounds (daily), occasionally lift/lower 36 to 49 pounds (8 per month), and lift/lower 50 to 100+ pounds periodically (2 per year). Must climb ladders and/or scaffolds and work above floor height. Must crouch, stoop or squat to work inside or under equipment, or move through low headroom spaces.
- Position requires routine pushing, pulling, grasping and manual dexterity in the use of hands, arms and shoulders. Walking great lengths at a time and standing for extended periods of time. Able to work in tight spaces.
- Push/pull wheeled transporters and/or palletized product using up to approximately 50 lbs of force. Work in and around hospital personnel, sensitive medical equipment and patients
- Must travel to customer sites that include, but are not limited to: hospitals, operating rooms, laboratories, surgi-centers, pharmaceutical production facilities, animal research centers, and possibly morgues. May be subject to customer drug testing, customer specific safety training, or customer SOP training.
- Flexible scheduling may be required to accommodate customer needs. This may include working outside of an 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM workday and weekends. Required to live within 50 miles of the center of the territory. Commute within assigned territory is compensable after the first 30 minutes (or 25 miles) of drive time in the morning and the last 30 minutes (or 25 miles) of drive time in the evening.
- The expectation is that all FSR I’s pass an assessment for promotion to FSR II by no later than their 4th annual review with STERIS. Continued employment with STERIS in an FSR capacity is dependent upon successful completion of the assessment and promotion to FSR II.
STERIS plc is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with more than 14,000 employees worldwide. We are dedicated to providing our Customers with innovative infection prevention, decontamination, and health science technologies, products and services.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
We assure you that your opportunity for employment depends solely on your qualifications. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation(s) to complete this application and/or during the interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources department at 440-392-7047.
Nearest Major Market: Orlando
Job Segment: Maintenance, Medical, Electrical, Customer Service Representative, Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Engineering, Customer Service, Science