Our Mission: At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Who we are: STERIS is a growing provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services through our family of wholly owned subsidiaries.
We are currently looking for a Field Service Technician (FST), focused on our OR equipment, to join our team in the Raleigh area. The FST is a field-based, Customer-facing role that primarily travels to Customer sites to maintain, troubleshoot, service, and provide support for all operating room equipment. FST’s will also be responsible for building positive relationships with Customers and peers, as well as completing necessary administrative tasks. The ideal candidate is an independent go-getter that is mechanically inclined and that makes customer satisfaction and safety their top two priorities.
- Drive Customer satisfaction through pro-active communication and commitment to resolving Customer issues/problems expediently
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance required on STERIS Surgical product lines, related product lines, and related competitive equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This includes: disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts; rewiring or reassembling as required; troubleshooting, adjusting/calibrating, and certifying equipment ready for use by using standard and specialized tools and test equipment (i.e., schematics, diagrams, technical manuals, etc.).
- Perform Customer training and in-servicing on assigned equipment (lights, tables, integration, etc.). Coordinate these activities with DSM and Capital Account Manager.
- Ensure a positive Customer experience by performing installations or conversions on assigned equipment and start up custom equipment as required. Perform site visits for small projects and coordinate activities with project managers and/or installers.
- Utilize technology (smart phone, laptop computer and related software and applications) to perform administrative duties as assigned to ensure effective planning, utilization, and required document completion. This includes, but is not limited to: scheduling and updating work activities in Siebel, complete service reports and activities on-site; communicate effectively with internal and external Customers; troubleshoot equipment, improve productivity, learn new technologies; maintain on-site Customer Service Logs according to STERIS procedures; and maintain tools and parts inventory to prescribed levels.
- Establish and maintain effective communicative relationships with Customers, managers, support functions and the sales organization. Communicate activities to Customers related to scheduling Preventative Maintenance and estimated time of arrival for unscheduled work. Pro-actively respond to and resolve Customer problems/issues. Utilize provided product and industry knowledge to assure Customer’s expectations of service are exceeded. Recommend product enhancements based on knowledge of the Customers equipment applications and processes. Actively seek continuing education opportunities.
- Increase company growth through identifying sales opportunities, and recommending STERIS products/services to Customers. Communicate leads to management and sales staff. Be a positive ambassador for STERIS at Customer sites.
- Learn and use proper operating room and hospital protocols while on-site. Abide by all STERIS and Customer Health & Safety protocols and procedures. These may include OR Protocol and Sterile Field guidelines
- Assist DSM by conducting or assisting with inventory procedures to ensure inventory levels are maintained according to company policy, and resolve outstanding purchase order issues once recognized by the DSM.
Skills & Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics, or Audio/Visual Communications strongly preferred.
- Experience in a technical field service role, in the healthcare products industry or equivalent technical school training preferred.
- Strong Customer communications experience and demonstrated ability to build positive rapport and partner with a variety of Customers.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Flexibility to handle multiple and changing priorities.
- Basic electronic and mechanical aptitude required.
- Ability to work flexible hours, sometimes outside “normal business hours” and travel as required.
- Advanced knowledge of personal computers, video technology, video cabling, and networking required. Demonstrated proficiency with computers and Windows software. Proficiency with web technologies and navigating internet/intranet sites.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
STERIS plc is a $2B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with more than 14,000 employees worldwide. We are dedicated to providing our Customers with innovative infection prevention, decontamination, and health science technologies, products and services. Visit https://www.steris.com/about/careers/ to learn more.
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.