Job ID: 12977
The Field Service Technician must perform both complex and basic on-site customer support activities involving the installation, maintenance, repair, hardware integration, hardware and software upgrades, troubleshooting, and training on products at customer sites in a timely and cost-effective manner. Instruct customers in the operation and maintenance of the systems and serve as company expert with customers on administrative and technical matters. Always conduct business in a professional manner building customer relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Travel extensively, Monday through Friday, via plane, automobile or other means of transportation. Occasional work/travel on weekends.
• Conduct on-site installation of complex products and follow testing procedures to ensure proper working order.
• Make recommendations on improving existing testing, maintenance and training procedures.
• Perform remote support as required for customers and service engineers.
• Follow escalation protocol, follow up on the issues, as well as escalations from other service engineers
.• Check out and approve operational quality of products. Isolate equipment start-up malfunctions and take corrective action.
• Answer complex technical questions on equipment and work with customers to troubleshoot problems.
• Represent company in dealings with customer and is responsible for customer satisfaction. May oversee all service activities for a specific customer.
• Prepare and submit expense and service reports timely ad accurately.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: None. However, continuous Spectro hardware and software training. Locally and International.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• AS degree in a technical field or equivalent experience, BS degree preferred
• 5-7 years hands-on field service experience
• Demonstrated competency and high level of understanding of control system electronics and high voltage power supplies (RF, DC, and microwave)
• Demonstrated competency and high level of understanding of vacuum systems, metallurgy, physics and chemistry.
• Competency in use of basic hand tools
• Excellent customer relations and organizational skills required
• Above average computer skills, knowledge of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other similar software packages.
The Field Service Technician is required to be proficient in speaking and writing the English language, and must be able to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences.
The Field Service Technician must be resourceful and maintain composure during all situations. Ability to be autonomous is mandatory.
Field Service Technician will serve as ambassador to all clients and must maintain the highest level of comportment with clients, colleagues, and administration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of the job, the Field Service Engineer is required to sit, stand, and endure the rigors of repetitive travel on a consistent basis. The Engineer must be able to independently lift, move and possibly carry up to 90 lbs. The Engineer will be able to quickly adapt to a variety of work environments.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.
- Travel Percentage: 90%