Postal/Zip Code: 74116
APAC Central Inc., is an Oldcastle Materials Company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! Apply for the Field Welder today and jumpstart your career with the Oldcastle Materials family.
Under direction of Shop Foreman operates both electric welding apparatus and acetylene welding apparatus to fuse metal parts together using either arc welding process or oxy-acetylene method.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Safely and efficiently using welding tools, cuts, lays out, fits and welds sheet metal, other metal or alloyed metal parts to fabricate or repair equipment to operate effectively.
- Receive daily tasks from supervisor for specific projects or task of the day.
- Must be able to read blue prints for specific job task. Must be able to take your own field measurements of a particular project and fabricate replacement parts to fit.
- Responsible for repair of equipment and plant maintenance using welding tools such as grinder, wire brushing, cutting torch or cutting disc.
- Fabricate necessary parts using welding machine or oxy-acetylene torch.
- Must lift varying weights occasionally, up to 100 lbs.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
- Individual may be required to possess a Commercial Driver’s License Class B.
- Follow directions of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of welding equipment and supplies such as hand, power, and hydraulic tools.
- Perform daily pre-and-post inspections of the Weld Shop with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Assembles, sets up, adjusts, maintains, and repairs all types of crushing, conveying, screening and washing equipment.
- Will be required to change bearings, conveyor idlers, screens, headpulleys, tailpulleys, install and splice conveyor belts and make any other repairs as be needed.
- Use of tools such as wrench, screwdriver, hammer, saw, file/raps, drift pin, pry bar, sledge hammer, hoist, jack grinder, paint sprayer, press, cutting torch, pneumatic wrench and impact tools, gauges and measuring devices.
- Will be required to perform other tasks and jobs as needed on a daily basis to assure the safe and efficient operation of the quarry.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Reliable attendance is essential to performance in this role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities to be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledgeable with welding techniques such as TIG, MIG, STICK.
- Knowledgeable using welding tools such as grinder, generator, welding apparatus, drill presses, lathes, punches, shear, band saws.
- Experience with material knowledge and experience with materials such as metals and alloys
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blue prints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to supervisor, and other employees of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to drive, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk, hear, climb and sit. The employee is frequently required to bend, kneel, squat, stand; walk, reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Climb: ascend/descend three point entries into cab of equipment and ladders.
- Lift: exertion of physical strength to move objects (0-50 lbs.) from one level to another.
- Carry: hold or rest weighted objects (up to 50 lbs.) directly on hands, arms, shoulders, or back while walking from one location to another.
- Bend: flexion of the upper trunk forward while standing and knees extended or knees flexed when sitting.
- Push/Pull: Exertion of force on or against object (50 lbs.) to move it from one location to another.
- Reach: extend the hands and arms in any direction.
- Kneel: maintain the body in an erect posture while resting body weight on one or both knees.
- Stoop: flexion of the upper body forward at the waist with partial flexion of the knee while standing.
- Twist: using hand tools such as wrenches and screwdrivers.
- Noise: sufficient noise, either constant or intermittent, to cause marked distraction or possible injury to sense of hearing.
- Fumes: vaporous emissions, usually odorous, thrown off as the result of combustion or chemical reaction.
- Gases: carbon monoxide and ozone.
- Dust: airborne particles of any kind such as dust.
- Hazards: closeness to moving mechanical parts; slipping while ascending/descending equipment cab; exposure to high temperatures during the summer and cold temperatures during the winter.
- Protection: required to wear hard hat, safety glasses (prescription or non-prescription) with side shields, safety vest, gloves, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection or appropriate respirators when required.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Join our Talent Community to receive an email newsletter with hot jobs & career advice. Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
APAC Central Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.