Finance Accounting and Reporting Risk Control Analyst
Bank on a company that will help you reach your career goals. Eclaro is looking for a Finance Accounting and Reporting Risk Control Analyst for our client in Chicago, IL.
Eclaro’s client is one of the largest banking firms in the world, with a prominent presence in large and fast-growing markets, providing products and services that enable businesses and economies to thrive. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Supports the assessment of internal controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act of 2002 for Client North America Holdings (HNAH), as it supports the assessments for Client Group, as well as two subsidiaries that are filers and subject to SOX requirements.
- Contributes to the completion of the annual SOX risk assessment at both the HNAH and Group levels.
- Provides guidance and support to Business Risk & Control Management (BRCM) teams performing SOX testing and performs quality assurance reviews on the testing to ensure compliance with SOX methodology and to ensure the assessment of internal controls over financial reporting can be completed.
- Assist in the design, development and execution of the SOX assessment process, including the risk assessment, deficiency reporting and final assessment of the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of tests completed by BRCM teams and provide guidance to ensure ongoing compliance with required internal testing standards.
- Ensure all supporting documentation meets testing standards.
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
- Interact with process and control owners to maintain current knowledge of business, organizational and technological changes and to ensure controls, documentation and testing plans are updated as needed.
- Manage and participate in the financial statement risk assessment for in-scope SOX entities.
- Manage the identification and documentation of significant processes determined during the risk assessment.
- Oversee the testing by BRCM of all key controls to ensure the controls are properly assessed for design and operating effectiveness.
- Perform quality assurance reviews on testing performed by BRCM teams and draft summary reports.
- Ensure identified control deficiencies are assessed and documented appropriately in ORION and validation testing is performed timely.
- Assist with deficiency analysis and reporting.
- Support Group initiatives.
- Exhibit solid time management to complete all responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Minimum of seven years proven and progressive accounting, finance and/or audit experience or equivalent within financial services industry
- Strong communications, project management, accounting, analytical and leadership skills
- Sound understanding of Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and best practices for compliance.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software packages
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, related field or equivalent experience. Certified Public Accounting (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (CA).
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- TransitChek Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Sarah Leaño at email@example.com now
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.