Finance Analyst in Salt Lake City, Utah manufacturing facility to report to Plant Controller. Looking for candidates open to potentially relocating in the future to grow the company while at the same time grow their career in finance & accounting.
Under the direction of the Plant Controller, applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance Required
- 2 years related experience preferred including Prior Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes daily production
- Maintains parts files; creates new bill of material and updates finished good parts file. Updates costs as needed.
- Analyzes, and accounts all variances, which affect the plant
- Prepares daily or weekly reports of variances, which enable plant management to “manage” the plant
- Analyzes outside warehouse inventory levels
- Maintains standards. Helps control and maintain part and labor standards. Established costs and inputs bill of material.
- Assist with budget process
- Serves as back-up for Accounts Payable
- Balance sheet account reconciliation
- Processes timekeeping records for payroll
- Assists Plant Controller with Government reports, taxes, insurance, capital requests and other special projects
- Provides direct supervision to subordinates, including making hiring/firing decisions, providing training and development opportunities, and conducting performance reviews and coaching sessions
- Responsible for reporting daily inventory Key Performance Indicators
- Perform analytical review of financial results and understand factors driving variance
- Is responsible for all inventory transactions at the plant.
- Daily verification of production postings to ensure proper inventory is reported.
- To research any discrepancies in regards to lot locations.
- To ensure that inventory is correct at all times.
- To track low code products and notify management of low code items.
- Conduct physical inventory when the required monthly inventories are required by corporate.
- Keep Plant Controller, Logistics Manager and Plant Manager informed of any inventory issues.
- Analyzes outside warehouse inventory levels.
- Analyzes all inventory variances and reports them to plant management.