Our client is currently recruiting for a Finance / Human Resources Compliance Manager who will be responsible for all aspects of personnel budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, and other financial reporting needs.
In addition the position will entail auditing of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) to ensure compliance with all aspects of federal, state and local regulations, as related to benefit plans, retirement plans, personnel and payroll reporting, and external audits.
- Develops prospective staffing requirements entity-wide, and related budgets for a rolling two-year period, and makes recommendations to the Director of Finance and the Director of Human Resources for both the Full-Time Employee (FTE) and temporary work force.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly/annual variance analysis on personnel and reconciles between budget/forecast and actual.
- Reconciles GL Accounts which relate to all personnel-related accounts.
- Performs ongoing, monthly and quarterly benefits accruals and departmental allocations.
- Prepares monthly personnel tracking reports, including headcount, transfers, and temporary work force.
- Audits technical administration of the HRIS; functional areas to include payroll processing, time management and its interface with the shared services calculation and the vacation accrual.
- Ensures compliance with applicable Federal, State and local government regulations.
- Manages all aspects of client's retirement plans, including 401K, 457B, and 457F.
- Oversees preparation of work for all external audits, as related to the federal and state agency mandated audits, 401K plan, and Workers’ Compensation insurance.
- Acts as a liaison between the Finance and Benefit groups.
- Performs special projects as assigned or required by the Director of Finance and the Director of Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of accounting experience required; knowledge of benefit plans, particularly retirement plans, in regulatory compliance and benefits administration desired.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory.
- Ability to act independently with minimal daily direction from the Director of Human Resources and the Director of Finance to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external agencies to maximize performance, problem solving and results.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with Microsoft NAV, Adaptive Budget & Planning, UltiPro, Salesforce, Anybill, and Concur preferred.