Job Title: Finance Systems & Operations Senior Analyst
Job ID: 24636
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1038 Administrative Analyst/Specialist -12 Month
About the Position
Reporting to the Director of Finance Support, this position’s duties range from policy implementation to security coordination to documentation. The incumbent’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Finance systems security coordination; Common Financial System (CFS) configuration change control and documentation; support and training to Finance staff and the campus community for all Finance applications, including CFS, CFS Data Warehouse, Financial Transaction Services (FTS), and On Base imaging system; Finance Connect customer service; and regularly scheduled monthly and year-end processing and coordination. Also included are special tasks, projects and assignments in support of the Finance Service Group.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and execute monthly/annual FIRMS/GAAP processes, communicating results to appropriate Accounting staff; submit reports to CSU system wide office.
- Assist in the coordination of Finance staff for testing of Finance system upgrades and maintenance packs, and the development of upgrade project plans, documenting test results and maintaining test scripts for audit purposes.
- Assist Finance management with audit reviews and responses.
- Develop and maintain documentation and business process guides for Finance Support; develop and deliver training to internal Finance staff and campus customers.
- Functional system support for Accounting, Accounts Receivable/Billing, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Asset Management, Budget Office, and Bursar’s Office.
- Develop internal Finance system roles based on department responsibilities; build, implement and maintain roles and associated permission lists in financial system.
- Consult Finance management to identify appropriate system access for staff; assign and modify roles as needed; ensure appropriate segregation of duties is upheld.
- Develop system roles for campus department users; build, implement and maintain roles in financial system. Review and obtain approval of system access annually.
- Develop and maintain change control procedures to assure all changes to CFS configuration are approved by the manager in charge. Maintain documentation.
- Respond to audit questions regarding change control procedures
- Oversee testing of changes to configuration
- Request changes to production once tested– ticket to CFS
- Assist with system upgrades related to configuration changes and testing - (Testing scripts and project plans)
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24636.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.