POSITION: Financial Aid Manager
HOURS/STATUS: Exempt Full-time, includes some nights and occasional Saturdays
REPORTS TO: Market Business Office Director
START DATE: May, 2018
LOCATION: Wauwatosa & Racine Campuses
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Interpret regulatory criteria, standards and policy and procedures to meet or exceed requirements to achieve compliance
- Manage financial aid document retention and archive. Maintain records to include files for active and inactive students
- Manage department to ensure accurate and efficient packaging, awarding and advising of students on financial aid.
- Ensure all financial deadlines are met
- Process student refunds in a timely manner
- Actively participate to ensure timely deliver of assistance and services given to students
- Balance demands for applicant and student entrance with regulatory requirements
- Motivate staff to perform duties in a manner that is congruent with the Colleges vision, standards and ethics.
- Cross train staff to provide efficient and effective customer service to our students, associates and systems personnel.
- Assist Market Business Office Director with internal budgeting and forecasting.
- Any other duties assigned by the Market Business Office Director.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree required.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in Financial Aid processing and packaging of students/awards.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in compliance and regulation.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in supervision of staff desired, however less will be considered based upon other professional experience.
- Skills in planning, prioritizing, problem solving, scheduling, evaluating, organizing, and budgeting.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate and work with diverse groups.
- Strong technology skills, attention to detail and accuracy are a must.
- Experience with Banner sub-ledger software desired.
- Knowledge of NCAA or NCJAA student-athlete regulations as it relates to Title IV funding is preferred.
- Experience with regulatory agencies and customer driven environments very helpful.
- Must thrive on working in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment where attention to detail is a must.
- Must have a collaborative mindset and enjoy working in a team to attain college wide goals and benchmarks.
- Must possess a drive for excellence.
Bryant & Stratton College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.