Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees take pride in their work and show dedication to their job. As a Financial Analyst II, you will support the Financial Planning and Analysis group with budgeting, financial forecasting, reporting, and variance analysis. Plus, you’ll be helping XPO build a brighter future by providing input for profitability, projects, and corporate pricing strategies. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Design, prepare and update complex spreadsheets/cost models in Excel to support resource planning, forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis
- Prepare monthly reporting package comparing actuals vs. budgets for internal management review
- Investigate cost variances, working closely with business unit stakeholders to identify root causes of larger variances and opportunities to reduce costs
- Learn the site operations that drive financials; identify, measure, and track key performance indicators (KPIs) and other operational and financial metrics
- Perform impromptu budget investigations; seek continuous improvement in reports and reporting processes to improve content and minimize the level of effort required to produce and distribute reports; troubleshoot reporting issues and data anomalies
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or Statistics
- 3 years of experience in financial analysis or planning
- Experience working with databases and writing queries (using either SQL or MS Access)
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Excel
It’d be great if you also have:
- Familiarity with supply chain/logistics operations management concepts
- Experience designing dashboard-style reports
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.