Financial Analyst/Financial Reporting
-The commission team is a global team of highly skilled analysts with wide knowledge of end-to-end commission process for their assigned sales teams. This requires different Geo knowledge and understanding.
-Sales commission experts who will be a point of contact for questions relating to all commission issues, including compensation plans, calculations, and attainments (Sales commission is a key metric of the company).
-Collaborating with other finance teams /sales teams as sales commission professionals
-Seeking process improvements to apply changes
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understands and can implement The Company Compensation Plan.
• Calculate/Validate and pay variable earnings accurately and on time for assigned sales teams and in line with current comp plan rules.
• Gives input into and support the roll out of changes to the commissions system.
• Provides a thorough monthly analysis of attainment, and can investigate and explain variances for high/low result fluctuations. Proactively raises outliers with FBP's.
• Provides high quality, timely responses to the sales field and sales management, fully meeting their informational and reporting needs. Communicates complex logic and analysis in a manner that is easily understandable to the sales reps.
• Supports the creation of crediting rules and sales rep master Territory Target Sheets (TTS) for their specific sales teams. Creates TTS's for their teams, with insight and understanding for accuracy and alignment to Sales Compensation Plan.
• Understand and posts required manual attainment or adjustments that may impact results and communicates timing.
• Understands SOX requirements and maintains documents in compliance with SOX, and ensures auditability.
• Maintains and looks for opportunities to improve commission tools with reference data, employee information, variant information, and comp plan information needed to accurately produce commission payments and reports, which include maintaining an accurate sales organizational hierarchy, updating new hires/transfers/terminations and any salary/comp plan changes.
• Is a part of on-going process improvement and change within the team and upstream with other departments that improve the efficiency and accuracy of sales reporting and variable pay calculations. May lead process improvement initiatives.
• Participates in User Acceptance Testing and other projects within GCO, coordinating with a global team of analyst involved in the projects.
• Drives process improvements, and questions the "norm" to identify opportunities.
• Able to apply judgement consistently
• Works autonomously but provides guidance to other team members as needed, escalating items when needed to management.
• Ability to multi task and deliver results in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy
• Must be flexible in work time, as infrequent meetings are required with other team members in different Geos
• Must be customer service oriented, and have a willingness to help sales reps and management (at all levels) understand and resolve commissions issues
• Applicant should have flexibility, an open mind, and a strong willingness to learn
• Ability to consider the consequences from the result of the work
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting from a four-year college/university or equivalent experience
• 5 or more years of progressive finance experience; mid-to-large public company, preferable with understanding of sales and sales commission.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skill
• Business Objects, Qlikview, Cognos/Varicent is a plus