A leading media company in LA is looking for a Financial Analyst to join their team. The role will entail providing the development, reporting, and analysis of budgets & forecasts.
One of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience is seeking a driven financial analyst in Los Angeles, California.
- Query/sort/summarize actual expense/revenue data from SAP, populate into cost reports, and investigate through drill down, discussions with departments, and understanding of contractual terms
- Analyse variances for actual results vs budget/forecast, summarize analysis and report to management
- Prepare, Input, and review budget/forecast submissions in internal reports & BPC budgeting system
- Assist with preparation of Consolidated Reporting and Analysis
- Assist in preparation of Budget & LRP Presentations mainly using PowerPoint
- Communicate with International regional offices in various time zones to share information and investigate consolidated data
- Raise purchase orders with proper coding, follow up on outstanding processing issues, and determine accruals for open PO balances.
- Perform monthly accounting processes/reporting, including journal entry postings, liaison with regional accounting teams, category reporting, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare year-end and interim audit schedules
- Maintain internal/offline/ad hoc budget reports & systems, build/enhance as needed, mainly using excel and BPC
- BA/BS 4-year degree in accounting, finance or economics from Accredited institution
- 3- 5 years of related experience in corporate finance and accounting
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to independently execute tasks & solve issues using logical & solution focused approaches
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- SAP experience is a must
- Competitive hourly rate
- Optional benefits