FINANCIAL ANALYST - (Manufacturing Experience)
We are a growing Manufacturing Firm seeking a Financial Analyst. This is a permanent, full time, role reporting into the Controller.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The overall Essential Responsibilities include the following. (Other duties may be assigned):
* Compile, evaluate data, contribute to forecasts, analyzing trends and present results pertaining to sales, commissions, inventory, operations, manufacturing costs, and general business conditions.
* Perform complex financial and operational analysis to support short term and long range strategic plans and operating budgets.
* Evaluate financial implications of specific business decisions/opportunities and advise accordingly to ensure targeted financial performance achievement.
* Exercise judgement to determine appropriate course of action and prepare business recommendations based on sound financial analysis.
* Assists in monthly closing process in conjunction with the Finance team.
* Provide budgeting, project, and asset management analysis.
* Provides concise and effective communication of financial analysis in a timely manner.
* Adopt new developments in financial planning and control.
* Support process with ensuring that there is an effective and efficient system of internal controls.
* Assist with external audit planning and execution.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Superior detail-orientation and the ability to produce accurate work in a fast-paced work environment.
* Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to work well under pressure.
* Ability to work with multiple ERP systems and their supporting databases
* Experience with intercompany transactions and consolidations.
* Highly motivated with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Understanding of foreign currency transactions.
* Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data from multiple sources, establish facts, providing valid conclusions.
* Excellent follow-up and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, deadline driven.
* Very strong Advanced Excel & Access skills inclusive of: Pivot Tables, Formulas, V-LOOKUP functions, queries and SQL pass-through queries).
* Self-starter with the ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow.
* Requires effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to professionally interact with all levels of personnel.
* Good business acumen.
* BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
* A minimum of 3+ years Finance experience in a Manufacturing environment.
* Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial analysis.
* Experience with integrated financial systems.