As a financial Analyst for this publicly traded, Real Estate company located in Northern Virginia you will be responsible for creating and maintaining the reports needed to monitor and assist in the effective operations of the Secondary Mortgage Market, including, monitoring the pipeline, gauging the profitability of individual loans based on data analysis, and calculating monthly projections and statements of profit or loss.
location: Reston, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Essential Job Functions
- • Process the daily position reports. Reconcile any differences between the daily position reports before sending to senior management.
• Review all applicable reports and research any discrepancies.
• Perform the daily tracking of MBS sales, rolls and pairoffs, which includes: Confirm the prior day's trades with Broker/Dealers, process all pairoff wires, and ensure company either pays or receives the correct amount of money on each settlement date throughout the month.
- • Register and lock loans with outside investors; confirm pricing received and reconcile any pricing discrepancies between company's projected purchase price and the investor's actual purchase price.
• Create the daily rate sheet and ensure all base pricing and price adjustments on the rate sheet match what is programmed into FiServ.
• Add pricing for new products to the rate sheet and set up any programming that is needed in the Pricing Screens of our Loan Origination System. Communicate with Product Development, Servicing, Shipping, Accounting and Treasury as necessary to ensure that all facets of the new product are set up properly.
• Must be familiar with all existing loan programs and be available on the lock-in desk to promptly respond to questions from the branches regarding loan pricing, relocks, extensions and any other general pricing questions.
- • Monitor the closed but not committed pipeline and commit loans as quickly as possible. Work with management to ensure that company's commitments have been created taking into account good delivery, best execution, investor overlays and what percentage of company production should be sold to each investor.
• Create mandatory commitments which include: Assignment of trades, bulk commitments, FNMA cash commitments, and GNMA securities. Ensure all commitments, securities and mortgage servicing rights are purchased on time, at the correct price and in accordance with all agency, investor and documents custodian rules and regulations.
• Input and maintain commitment detail and pricing at the commitment level and at individual loan level in the Loan Origination System and in our custom reports. Coordinate Loan Sales with Treasury and Shipping. Reconcile any pricing discrepancies between company's projected purchase price and the investor's actual purchase price with the Shipping Department.
- • Perform the monthly reconciliation of the actual P&L with Accounting. Process and submit the following items to the Accounting Department: Invoices, inter-company billings, journal entries and any additional requests from Accounting related to Secondary to ensure that the ledger is accurate.
• Bachelors degree in business (Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field)
• 1-4 yrs exp
• Strong Excel skills
Click to apply
skills: Analysis - Brand/Market
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.