Title: Financial Analyst
Duration: 1 year (Possible extension)
Location: Woodcliff Lake, NJ
- Percent of Time
- Support and partner with Oncology Franchise marketing teams and support Sr. Finance Manager in regards to the tracking and reporting of marketing spend. Prepare and analyze advertising and promotion spending variances to forecasts, including explanations, as well as recommendations for follow-ups. Assist with reporting, forecasting and planning cycles, including timely communication to and coordination with all stakeholders. 30%
- Prepare the monthly close entries and work closely with Sr. Finance Manager & Commercial Teams to ensure all relevant documents and information supporting the monthly financial close are accurately reflected. Ensure all are completed efficiently and accurately, with appropriate supporting analysis, back-up, and commentary. 30%
- Assist in month end reporting including Account reconciliations, JE preparation and organization, and compilation and analysis of reporting package. 10%
- Assist with the management of and coordination of the purchase order process in collaboration with Senior Finance Manager. 10%
- Assist with coordination and validation of headcount information in collaboration with HR for use in the forecasting and closing process. 10%
- Work on ad-hoc projects to support the US Commercial and Finance organization. Support the Sr. Finance Director, Oncology with Ad Hoc projects. 10% Scope Measures
- This position will assist with the preparation and monitoring of forecast submission, month end close and planning cycles for Onc Marketing. Requires interaction with various cross-functional teams within the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting /Finance required.
- Interested candidates must possess high ethical standards, strong verbal and written communication skills, strong technical and analytical skills, and a team player.
- Ability to identify existing or potential deficiencies in operating processes or procedures, recommend solutions, and proactively seek continuous economic and operating efficiencies primarily through leveraging financial systems.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize / manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a time sensitive environment.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office products e.g. Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to use advanced Excel spreadsheet functions and formulas to build and maintain models.
- Experience with TM1& SAP is a plus.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Finance/Accounting.
- Pharmaceutical Experience a plus.