- The Financial Analyst will be responsible for assistance with budgeting, forecasting and accounting services to the Marketing Teams of the Oncology Business Unit (OBG) within this human health care pharmaceutical company.
- The Financial Analyst assists with monthly closing and Forecasting processes for the Marketing Teams, including the preparation of detailed variance commentary.
- This position requires a strong proficiency in excel for maintaining the ongoing activities associated with Marketing Activities.
- In addition, the individual in this role is expected to ensure communication of risks and opportunities to Budget/Forecast. The position will interact closely with the Marketing Teams and other cross-functional members within Oncology.
- Support and partner with Oncology Franchise marketing teams and support Sr. Finance Manager in regards to the tracking and reporting of marketing spend. Prepare and analyze advertising and promotion spending variances to forecasts, including explanations, as well as recommendations for follow-ups. Assist with reporting, forecasting and planning cycles, including timely communication to and coordination with all stakeholders. 30%
- Prepare the monthly close entries and work closely with Sr. Finance Manager & Commercial Teams to ensure all relevant documents and information supporting the monthly financial close are accurately reflected. Ensure all are completed efficiently and accurately, with appropriate supporting analysis, back-up, and commentary. 30%
- Assist in month end reporting including Account reconciliations, JE preparation and organization, and compilation and analysis of reporting package. 10%
- Assist with the management of and coordination of the purchase order process in collaboration with Senior Finance Manager. 10%
- Assist with coordination and validation of headcount information in collaboration with HR for use in the forecasting and closing process. 10%
- Work on ad-hoc projects to support the US Commercial and Finance organization. Support the Sr. Finance Director, Oncology with Ad Hoc projects. 10%
- This position will assist with the preparation and monitoring of forecast submission, month end close and planning cycles for Onc Marketing.
- Requires interaction with various cross-functional teams within the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting /Finance required.
- At least 3 years' experience in Finance/Accounting.
- Ability to identify existing or potential deficiencies in operating processes or procedures, recommend solutions, and proactively seek continuous economic and operating efficiencies primarily through leveraging financial systems.
- Experience with TM1& SAP preferred.
- Pharmaceutical Experience preferred.
- Interested candidates must possess high ethical standards, strong verbal and written communication skills, strong technical and analytical skills, and a team player.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize / manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a time sensitive environment.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office products e.g. Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use advanced Excel spreadsheet functions and formulas to build and maintain models.
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Rushi at 858-703-6733 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 12 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
As the staffing industry evolves, Hired by Matrix continues to develop and grow. By combining our expertise with a keen understanding of each client's needs we are able to source for the most qualified candidates. Our commitment to servicing our clients corresponds with our commitment to finding the perfect match between our clients and candidates and maintaining our relationships long term.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: http://bit.ly/HbMCareers