In this role, you will research customer business needs and market trends to define changes that make the applications more competitive and more attractive to prospects and customers. You will document business requirements, use cases and specifications that would contribute to the development process. Also, you will be responsible for assisting with Quality Assurance in writing and executing test cases for each release cycle. The responsibilities include:
- Gather and define business requirements.
- Translate business requirements into user and functional requirements (such as: process flows, use cases and screen prototypes). Standardize business processes and create business process documentation.
- Discuss functional specifications with development and other departments to ensure that the requirements are accurately addressed in the design.
- Prepare documents that are coherent, effective and professional for both internal and external contacts.
- Assist with the test case design and creation. Conduct application tests to ensure that targeted functionality was implemented as intended.
- Understand the necessity of process standards and apply them consistently.
- Proactively initiate, develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members by sharing knowledge, application expertise and engaging in discussions.
- Proactively seek opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or related area. CPA preferred.
- 4 to 6 years as an IT business analyst or general accounting experience as a financial application software user.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, discernment and problem solving skills.
- Must be self motivated and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Organizational and project coordination skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Company provides excellent benefits including paid holidays and paid time off, a 401(k) plan with company participation, health and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, a vision discount plan, auto/homeowner insurance discount plan, AFLAC and tuition reimbursement.