South Carolina Federal’s financial center employees support members on any financial topic under the sun. They conduct dozens of member transactions each day, and they are exceptional at balancing a cash drawer to a tee. They answer questions, transfer funds, order new debit cards, research accounts, and offer solutions to simplify members’ lives.
As a Financial Service Representative, a typical day might look like this:
- Participate in a team building activity during you morning huddle with team members
- Brainstorm with team members about ways to meet referral goals
- Talk with a member about the payoff amount for his auto loan
- Answer a question about mortgage loan rates for a member who’s buying a new house
- Complete an online training course about products and services
- Meet with a service leader to review your performance from last week
- Chat with a member about a money market account
- Transfer money from a member’s savings account to her checking account
- Balance your drawer and head over to the onsite gym to get in a workout before going home
This job might be for you if:
- You connect well with others, and you’re comfortable talking to people. You’ve never met a stranger.
- You are a whiz at handling cash. Your day is made when you balance right down to the penny.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment. Multitasking is one of your favorite things to do.
- You like helping people. Cross selling products and services makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
- You are seeking some work/life balance and want a schedule that allows you to spend most nights and weekends with family.
- You are awesome at consistently following policies and procedures. Doing things right the first time is a motto you live by.
- You like learning new things, and you learn them quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
- You are cool under pressure. You don’t get flustered or take it personally when you have to deal with an irate customer.
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without being asked, and you want to make a difference.
To land this job, you need to have a high school diploma (or equivalent), at least a year of customer service experience in a retail or banking environment, and a positive attitude. Apply online at www.scfederal.jobs.
Equal Opportunity Employer