Contract through 12 September 2018 with possible extension.
Positions Available: 2
Positions Location: Island of Kwajalein (Marshall Islands)
Security Clearance: None
Possess Current Fire Alarm Certification
Possess a current U.S. Passport.
Possess a valid US state driver’s license with acceptable driving record
The Fire Alarm Technician shall maintain and adhere to technical orders and good commercial practices for all fire and electronic controls maintenance actions throughout the base.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
- Make periodic inspections to see that all equipment and controls are operating properly and are in good condition
- Inspect, test, and maintain fire detection and alarm systems
- Interprets instrument and meter readings; wiring diagrams, schematics, drawings and technical publications
- Expertise with the use of applicable test equipment
- Knowledge of safety rules and practices; environmental policies; principles of management
- Operation and repair of on-site fire alarm and control systems
- Submit timely reports
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be registered, licensed, or certified by a state or local authority
- Must be qualified by an organization listed by a nationally recognized testing laboratory for the servicing of fire alarm systems
- Must have fluency in reading, writing, and speaking, and understanding English
- Knowledge of document and report writing
- Technical understanding
- Knowledge of safe work practices and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Knowledge of lockout and tag out procedures
- Ability to use a computer and related software
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Five (5) years of experience in the inspection, testing, and maintenance of fire alarm systems.
- Two years of experience in fire alarms and fire suppression systems, or a combination of equivalent education and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities
- Factory trained and certified for fire alarm system service of the specific type and brand of system
- Certified by a nationally recognized fire alarm certification organization acceptable to the authority having jurisdiction
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Able to lift at least 30 to 50 pounds
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions