Our Client is looking for a Fire Signaling System Designer
This position can be located in either Wilmington, DE or Atlanta, GA.
If you are looking for a place to put your creative design skills to the test with a growing company leader, this is the job for you! As a Fire Signaling Systems Designer you will be a key member of Client’s Engineering and Consulting division group working to develop fire signaling systems for a broad range of clients across the country.
At Client, our client-centric approach has been a key to our success as an industry leader in the fire, life safety and risk management industries. So if you have been looking for a career instead of a job, an environment to learn and grow, and a team to call family, then we encourage you to step out and join us in our journey!
As a Fire Signaling Systems Designer you will initially be work on a broad range of design projects including projects you own as well as collaborating with Senior Designers on more complex projects. More specifically you will:
- Prep designs for fire signaling systems with a Designer within the time constraints established by the task.
- Review, analyze and understand fire signaling systems drawings for coordination with fire signaling systems design purposes.
- Review and understand related due diligence reporting prior to starting fire signaling systems design on the project.
- Request an add / change order for a change in the drawing set or for required work beyond the scope.
- Be responsible for writing signaling system programs and downloading them into the signaling systems control panel when required.
- Consult with AHJ regarding fire signaling system design and submittal requirements, and respond to AHJ comments pertaining to plan reviews.
- Provide assistance to project/program managers for technical expertise and installation support.
- Review fire signaling/security system designs produced by designers prior to issuance.
- Review signaling system designs for acceptability and provide NICET seal.
Your Compensation and Benefits
At Client, we are proud to offer a unique, professional work environment where we consider all of our associates to be part of our family. We provide a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefitspackage with market leading (low!) health-care costs, and a place to advance your career. More importantly as a values driven organization, at Client you will be treated with dignity while having fun in your work!
At Client, we are looking for high performing associates to help drive our mission to save lives and property in partnership with our customers. To achieve this, you will bring the following qualifications to the table:
- 3 years CAD design experience in the Architectural, Construction or MEP trade required;
- Prior experience in Fire Signaling Systems Contracting Design in the construction field preferred;
- NICET certification in Level II, required; NICET Level III or IV preferred;
- Certified Fire Protection Specialist preferred but not required;
- Certified Fire Plans Examiner, preferred but not required;
- High School or GED required;
- 2 years college or specialized training in Fire Protection or CAD Technical School; Bachelor degree in Fire Protection, Engineering, or CAD, preferred.