The Firefighter Paramedic is responsible for providing protection of life and property within the municipal boundaries of the Town of Palm Beach. Personnel in this position generally work a 24 hour shift followed by a rest period off and may be required to work mandatory overtime and may be called back to duty in the event of a major emergency. Work activities involve fire prevention, fire suppression, rescue, public education, and advanced and basic life support emergency medical services; drive and operate emergency vehicles; use appropriate safety equipment under extremely hazardous conditions of high heat, toxic gases, explosive chemicals, radioactive materials, and infectious diseases; perform station and vehicle maintenance; conduct equipment and supply inventories; execute forms and reports, and enter computer data; and, maintain physical condition and skills necessary to sustain required certifications in fire suppression, fire prevention, and advanced life support techniques. This job description is not all inclusive and the Firefighter Paramedic must be able to take directions from supervisors and work within the chain of command to perform all related duties as prescribed by the Fire-Rescue Chief.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must possess a valid State of Florida Chauffeur or Class D with "E" endorsement vehicle operator's license.
- Must be a certified Firefighter in the State of Florida in accordance with Florida Statute, Chapter 633.
- Must be a certified Paramedic in the State of Florida.
- Submit an online application at www.townofpalmbeach.com. Click Career Opportunities.