Do you want to work for a company that is passionate about security and has a fun, start-up culture with large company perks? Do you want to be in an environment where you will continuously learn new skills, grow and take on new opportunities due to the abundance of new projects on the horizon?
If you answered yes to these questions, this opportunity could be for you!
Defense Point Security is currently seeking a Firewall Security Engineer in Morrisville, NC.
- Experience with network firewalls and rule configuration for Cisco devices
- Good communication skills in dealing with Telecommunications engineers and business owners
- Consult with other members of project team and develop requirements documentation
- Review firewall rule sets and log analysis for inefficient, unneeded and unapproved rules
- Research problems and recommend solutions to improve firewall security
- Support a nationwide implementation of firewalls (validate, test, and manage firewall rules)Familiarity with network discovery tools (e.g. RedSeal)
- Experience with ServiceNow Change/Incident/Problem management
- This position requires US Citizenship due to our Federal contractual obligation
- Bachelor degree in an information technology discipline or equivalent IT experience Required.
- 5 years of related operational experience
- Experienced with firewall operations, management processes and leading practices
- Can review existing firewall rules for compliance, efficiency and accuracyOne or more of the following certifica
- tions desired: CompTIA Net+ CompTIA A+ CompTIA Security + CPTE - Certified Penetration Testing Engineer or CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker
Job Location: Morrisville, NC
Position Type: Full Time/ Regular
All candidates must be clearable.
Defense Point Security is an IT Security Consulting firm specializing in public and private sector security solutions. Our goal is to provide expert IT security services to our clients while cultivating information security knowledge among all employees for the advancement of cyber security. Defense Point Security offers a competitive employment package including medical, vision, and dental insurance (among others).
Defense Point Security offers a competitive benefits package to include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Premiums are 100% paid by DPS for employee and eligible dependents
- Personal Accident Insurance paid by DPS
- Life Insurance paid by DPS
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance paid by DPS
- 401k Contribution Matching and 100% vested after 90 days
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Assistance
- Paid Time Off starting at 3 weeks a year (15 days)
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- Up to $100 per month reimbursed for cell phone
- Up to $50 per month reimbursed for home internet
- Up to $200 every 2 years for a cell phone upgrade
- Capital BikeShare Membership for DC Metro Area
- Reimbursement for qualifying training expenses
- Flexible / Alternative Work Schedules
Defense Point Security is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse Community workforce. DPS gives equal consideration to all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.