RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in need of a Senior Firmware Engineer to work in their Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland (MD).
Essential Job Functions:
- Design and update existing VHDL code bases containing a high degree of FPGA resource utilization
- Create and run simulation test environments for FPGA verification
- Employ scripting techniques for batch executions of FPGA build and simulation runs
- Use lab equipment such as Signal Generators and Spectrum Analyzers to test the functional behaviors of the Duke System
- Understand, design, and integrate novel digital signal processing and radio frequency signal generation logic to generate electronic warfare techniques
- Interface with collocated teams to implement novel jamming techniques based on simulated data or research (e.g., academia, MATLAB/SIMULINK) into necessary VHDL architecture and design
- Interface with collocated teams to implement system changes to improve system compatibility with Blue Force systems while maintaining jamming effectiveness
- Develop firmware requirements to implement proposed algorithms for signal processing, signal generation, and improved system functionality
- Develop and modifying VHDL designs to applicable code and configuration management processes and standards, to include traceability to specifications
- Prepare, maintain, and update relevant system baseline documentation
- Perform independent reviews of deliverables produced by others (e.g., specifications, source code, compiled firmware, test benches, verification plans, technical reports, etc.).
- Generate documentation detailing direct system operation
- Design unit, integration, and system level tests to applicable processes to verify compliance of VHDL products and FPGA implementation to specifications
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or other technical degree is required
- 5+ years FPGA/VHDL design experience
- Specific experience in firmware development for Xilinx FPGA products required
- Experience with synthesis tools
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.