The Fitness Manager is responsible for all revenue producing fitness programs and personal training department. He/she oversees/ directly manages and leads the staff to provide a sustainable level of excellence in character, customer service and execution of job duties. The Fitness Manager is responsible for the financial success of the PT department in regards to new sales, renewals, expenses, payroll and new business generation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the personal training team (including: hiring, firing, payroll and performance management issues)
- Trains new employees and provides ongoing training for all personal training staff
- Coordinates the personal training schedules and trainers for boot camps, programming, etc.
- Establishes, monitors, analyzes and reports the personal training budgets
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for the department based on company standards.
- Conducts departmental meetings based on company standards
- Acts as the point contact person for members regarding personal training matters and fitness appointments.
- Supervises any specialized fitness program in the department
- Evaluates program effectiveness and success based on revenues, expenses, net, participation, satisfaction and further interest
- Completes Friday Reports, Payroll Reports, and End of the Month Reports on schedule.
- Works directly with Group Fitness Manager and General Manager to host monthly events, holiday events and corporate wellness kickoff events
- Responsible for contacting all new members within 7 days of his/her join date to ensure a new member consultation was booked and documenting the calls in PEAK.
- Responsible for conducting 75% of new member orientations and 50% of Equipment Orientations.
- Responsible for meeting monthly New Sales (Unit) Goals, EFT/Cash Goals and Total Revenue Goals,
- Responsible for zone management duties which include reporting any facility, janitorial, or capital improvement needs for assigned area
- Other duties as assigned and as needed based on the needs of the facility.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good management skills
- Sales Experience
- A comprehensive understanding of the fitness industry
REQUIRED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a health club industry is preferred
- Nationally accredited Personal Training Certification (Current)
- College degree preferred
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications (must be obtained within 60 days of hire)
Fitness Managers must work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
The below hours are mandatory hours to be present in the club working. He/she may be with clients, consults, completing office tasks or training staff during these hours. He/she may work the rest of the 40 hours at anytime, but they must be met and tasks must be completed on time.
In addition to the below, the Fitness Manager must be available to take appointments at minimum of 1 day per week during Lunch 11am -1pm and Early Afternoon 1pm-4pm. The schedule must be set and scheduled must be updated in PEAK at least 2 weeks in advance.
Fitness Managers and Personal Trainers must sign and abide by a company non-compete. (Please see and sign the non-compete agreement.)