EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
EchoStar in Cheyene, WY is looking for a Flight Dynamics Engineer who will plan, support, execute, and oversee flight dynamics and spacecraft subsystem operations.
Operations to include spacecraft commanding and station keeping activities according to scheduled and dynamic operational requirements; perform trending and analysis of spacecraft health data, prepare reports, and communicate status of spacecraft, projects, and operational activities to all levels of the organization while focusing on customer service; conduct and manage activities to increase team and personal job skills and professional knowledge.
- Oversees, plans, executes, and monitors spacecraft maneuvers. Performs maneuver reconstruction, orbit determination, and develops long-term operating strategies. Directs the planning and execution of spacecraft orbital relocation operations, as necessary.
- Performs 24x7 on-call operations on a rotating basis. Responds to anomalies, provides initial direction to controllers, initiates and leads anomaly resolution efforts.
- Manages, evaluates quality, and optimizes spacecraft procedures, tools, and the processes needed for efficient execution of operational activities.
- Applies experience and professional judgment to evaluate, create, and implement innovative strategies to support dynamic operational needs.
- Conceptualizes, develops, and reviews new processes, methods, scripts, and other tools used by both the engineering and operations teams.
- Supports new spacecraft development efforts. Analyzes design review documentation to verify operational requirements are satisfied, participates in ground testing of new spacecraft, supports orbit raising activities, and manages in-orbit test and evaluation activities.
Other duties to include:
- Plans, coordinates, and implements engineering activities and schedules to support controller, management, and corporate requirements.
- Investigates and analyzes long- and short-term spacecraft performance trends. Manages and approves criteria used for monitoring all spacecraft subsystems.
- Re-enforces situational awareness of spacecraft operational activities, broadcast operations, company objectives, and advances in the space and broadcast media industry.
- Facilitates and guides professional and technical development of junior team members. Researches, develops, and presents advanced training materials to meet team and organization requirements.
- Flight dynamics or operations experience with Space Systems Loral FS1300 or Lockheed Martin A2100 spacecraft highly desired
- Experience with Kratos ISI EPOCH TT&C / OASYS, MATLAB, and AGI STK software a plus
- General or specialized knowledge of one or more of the following spacecraft systems and subsystems: Attitude, Propulsion, Power, Data Handling, Thermal, Mechanism, and Payload
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, technical procedures, or government policy. Able to write reports, correspondence, and operations procedures
- Attention to detail, pro-active and confident personality with good communication skills
- Able to work in a multi-team environment
- Comfortable presenting information and responding to questions from managers, corporate executives, and customers
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.