Position SummaryMinnesota Oncology has an exciting opportunity for a
Full-Time Float Admixture Technician (1.0 FTE)
(Burnsville, Chaska, Coon Rapids, Edina,
Fridley, Maplewood, Minneapolis, Plymouth, St. Paul,
Waconia, and Woodbury)
Minnesota Oncology offers its employees an exciting, fast-paced, and challenging work environment. We are currently looking for an individual with passion for the healthcare field and someone that can commit to personal accountability and integrity. An ideal candidate will also have excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to collaborate and work in a team based environment.
Eligible for a Sign-On Bonus! Minnesota Oncology will also provide mileage reimbursement and a float differential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of IV medication orders
- Ensuring all orders are complete
- Verification of patient information and physician authorization
- Verification of insurance approvals
- Accurate record keeping
- Drug/Supply ordering
- Inventory management
- Serve as a Lynx resource for the practice
- Assist in training other technicians if requested
- Other duties as requested or assigned
- Strong desire to learn
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Strong Basic Mathematic Skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Knowledge of pharmaceuticals, pharmacy calculations, and related medical technology
- Graduation from VoTech Pharmacy Technician Program desired but not required
- Certified Pharmacy Technician Certificate Preferred (If not certified at hiring, certification with the first year of employment will be required)
- Registered with MN State Board of Pharmacy
- Minimum of 1 year of experience, chemotherapy admixture experience a plus but not required.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.