University of Colorado – School of Medicine
UPDATE 3/19/20: Due to COVID-19, the Department of Family Medicine is pausing on clinical searches until at least April 1, 2020. We appreciate your patience during these uncertain times.
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
In the context of a clinical care team and Patient Centered Medical Home practices, provide float coverage at all UCHealth/Department of Family Medicine Denver Metro clinic locations to include the Anschutz Medical Campus, Boulder, Lone Tree, Stapleton and Westminster in the Denver metro region.
This position will provide full-spectrum ambulatory care including, but not limited to, chronic disease management, acute and “urgent” care, and wellness and preventative care for adult and pediatric patients both in person and via virtual visits. The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) evaluates, assesses, diagnoses, prescribes and educates patients regarding their particular illness or chronic disease. The position provides high quality primary care to all patients, evaluate and treat acute and chronic problems for the patient population, complete histories, thorough assessments and physical examinations on all patients with accurate and complete documentation reflected in medical records and collaborates and communicates with other departments and colleagues, such as the pharmacy to ensure optimal patient care.
TOTAL FTE COMMITMENT: 1.00 cFTE (32 hours of appointable clinic hours per week and 8 hours per week of clinical administrative time (paperwork, documentation, required meetings, required trainings, etc.) for 45 weeks/year.
Full Time Position with the following flexible distribution/allocation of workload:
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
· Masters/Doctor of Nursing practice degree.
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado.
· Licensed/registered as a Family Nurse Practitioner with the State of Colorado.
· Completion of required 1,000 hours (provisional prescription authority/mentorship) or other minimum as defined by State of Colorado in order to obtain full prescriptive authority and DEA registration.
· Medicare/Medicaid credentials.
· National certification by ANCC or AANP as family nurse practitioner.
· Knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served; the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the office’s policies and procedures.
· Ability to prioritize and respond to emergencies in a calm manner.
· Ability to verbalize information/directions clearly and concisely.
· Ability to administer patient medications properly.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
· Conflict resolution skills.
· Proficient in patient documentation and charting in an electronic medical records system; preferably Epic.
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Ability to analyze, prioritize, and resolve patient and office problems.
· Ability to participate effectively as a member of a team.
· Ability to simultaneously perform multiple tasks.
· Minimum 3 years (full time) of FNP experience working in a Patient Centered Medical Home/Ambulatory Family Medicine practice and taking care of pediatric patients, must be comfortable charting in Epic.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
· Must possess a valid Colorado Driver’s License and be willing and able to travel between clinic sites around the Metro Area.
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 17752.
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV, Unofficial Transcript(s)
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do NOT submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.