1. Helps manage department inventories by tracking weekly sales reports, orders merchandise to meet customer demands and ensure highest quality products to meet profit goals. Smiles and greets customers. Discusses customer needs, makes suggestions, handles special requests and resolves customer concerns in a prompt and courteous manner.
2. May assist Produce Manager to set up work schedules, train floral associates and recognize performance to effectively utilize the talents/abilities of the floral staff. May attend floral seminars to gain instruction on new trends, activities or skills.
3. May develop and implement merchandising plans with limited input and direction in order to encourage impulse purchases to drive sales. Follows company initiatives such as Flower of the Month, utilization of rolling racks, etc.
4. Ensures floral product is fresh and in saleable condition with correct pricing and signage. Continually re-stocks products to keep displays appealing. Pulls out-of-date product to mark down or discard according to company policy. Creates arrangements on sales floor interest customers.
5. Maintains effective housekeeping program for floral. Follows cleaning schedules to ensure that work areas, display cases, etc. are well maintained and clean at all times. Maintains a safe work environment following all OSHA requirements.
6. Helps minimize department losses by inspecting product upon delivery and keeping product properly refrigerated. Reduces expenses by improving operations, controlling labor costs and reducing damages or shrink. Reports any shortages or overages to management.
7. Focuses on continuous improvement in all areas of the department in order to drive customer service and sales. May conduct classes and demonstrations or provide delivery service for customers (only applicable in Florist Stores)
8. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
9. Performs staff duties as required. May also be called upon to assist in other departments.
Previous floral experience preferred.