DescriptionABOUT THE JOB The Retail Management Store Operations job function ensures a sustainable, safe, clean and functional environment for all co-workers, visitors and customers in order to protect and maintain the store's assets and buildings, in strict adherence with all applicable local and federal regulations and standards. Leads co-workers in the Restaurant, Bistro and Staff Cafe to support sales and convert visitors into customers. This job is also accountable for leading by example in relation to food safety, production, quality, efficiency, and range presentation.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your tasks will include:
- Ensures the operations of all IKEA Food areas in the IKEA Store operate in accordance with IKEA Quality and Food Safety requirements and other local legislation.
- Ensures all food incidents or potential incidents are reported through CASY.
- Cooperates with external service providers and health departments when needed, adjusting and implementing the IKEA HACCP plan to ensure that HACCP routines are known and followed in the daily work.
- Ensures and maintains recipes, proper product sheets, and cost calculations (Store Point database).
- Contributes to the IKEA Sustainability Direction and takes responsibility for the IKEA Food team, ensuring IKEA Food takes actions that contribute to sustainability, such as waste management.
- Ensures freshness, maximizes sales, and minimizes waste by planning and ensuring proper production levels.
- Plans, prepares, and maintains menu items following the IKEA Food concept according to specifications using approved ingredients and in accordance with health Standards.
- Implements efficient Restaurant range changes, ensuring that all co-workers taste and learn about new products prior to their launch.
- Bachelor's Degree
- State/Local Food Safety Certification (in applicable stores) ; IKEA Food Safety e-learning Certification (Serve safe certification for food co-workers is mandatory) Req
- Experience managing food operations.
- High level of experience and knowledge of food safety requirements.
- Proven experience leading a team.
- Experience with food production levels and optimizing food ordering.
- Experience with menu planning.
- 5-25% Travel (1 day per week on avg.)
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world's leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.