Title: FOOD Research and Development Associate
- Reviews and maintains documentation associated with manufacturing and vendor qualifications.
- Reviews product labels for accuracy and to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Conducts technical vendor qualification including but not limited to reviewing documentation, communicating with vendors and reporting results.
- Helps to maintain the R&D database.
- Evaluates new and alternative ingredients for improved product performance and cost savings.
- Represents R&D by offering technical assistance to multiple groups within the company, including quality control and education.
- Remains current with regulations, scientific research and current events in regards to product labels, product claims, allergens and nutritional values and material issues.
- Assists in the development of new formulations and maintenance of existing formulas.
- Performs any other related duties, as may be required or assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Science, Nutrition, Bio-Chemistry or related field.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent work ethic
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Professional writing experience helpful.