Join the leader in engineered Heavy Lift and Transport!
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety
SETTING IDEAS IN MOTION - At Barnhart we are in the business of assisting companies in moving and installing equipment of any size. Whether it's a lift of a few feet or a transport across the country, we set your vision in motion through an unparalleled network of resources and innovative engineering solutions that defy convention. If you can dream it, Barnhart can make it a reality.
Over 40 BRANCHES ACROSS THE U.S - The strongest network of rigging experts and equipment in the country. Barnhart's network includes a long list of "cool tools," including PSTe Goldhofer trailers, cranes from 18 to 1,800 tons, Strand-jacks, Cantilever beams, Hydraulic Gantries, Self tailing devices, Skidding Systems, and the Modular Lift
Employer of Choice – Barnhart has a strong culture of “One TEAM” and Minds over Matter. We strive to do the impossible lifting and transporting as “One TEAM”. We are looking for people that also are striving for excellence in their work and collaborating with our “One TEAM”. If you are looking for a culture that provides Compensation with Trust, Progress & Recognition, we could be your Employer of Choice.
- Supervision responsibilities for oversight of one of the teams performing a specific task related to the turbine erection phase of wind power construction
- Establish and maintain high morale while supervising crews, assigning job tasks, and producing highly productive cycle times for labor, equipment and materials
- Demonstrate mastery and safety equipment, materials, processes and ensure all necessary inspections are completed
- Inspect, maintain and demonstrate use of one or more pieces of equipment, and use safety equipment
- Coordination with the Construction Manager to identify and monitor critical items that reduce productivity or complicate scheduling. Help plan the necessary labor, equipment and materials on a daily and weekly schedule
- Must understand the quality assurance requirements for the specific tasks assigned to their crew. Will be responsible to document work processes and inspections to the standards provided by the project QA Manager
- Support the Construction Manager in his responsible for day-to-day construction activities and productivity through planning for each day’s work, having alternate plans if circumstances require a change in work sequence, and through continuous evaluation of the effectiveness of personnel and processes
- Focus on safety of crews, and care of large equipment and cranes
- Must have the ability to work with regional ironworker and operator unions
- Participates in daily operational planning meetings with key project personnel to communicate the work plan of the day
- Position requires extensive travel and often long hours
- Must have WIND TURBINE experience
- A minimum of five years’ experience in related work. Knowledge of heavy lift equipment and or/ plant operations is a plus
- Experience in a supervisory role in a related construction field
- Good leadership and communication skills as necessary to assign and lead the specific projects tasks
- Ability to maintain written documentation of daily activities
- Flexible schedule, able to travel and work overtime
- Pass drug screen, clean background
- Must possess a valid driver’s license