Title: Forensic Processing Tech
Duration: 3 Months
Location: Tucker, GA
Shift Time: Tues- Sat 5:00 AM – 1:30PM
- Responsible for preliminary but functional understanding of the QTN Lab Information System.
- Sort specimens by source (hair, oral fluid, urine, etc.) and work list.
- Completes Maxi Log Data Entry.
- Understands and adheres to strict forensic practices.
- Capable of processing urine specimens for regulated and non-regulated testing independently.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Proficient with scanning/imaging all custody and control forms.
- Capable of discarding negative specimens.
- Performs flex log on routine urine specimens at 70 CCF’s per hour.
- Other duties as assigned by the Forensic Processing Supervisor.
- Detail oriented with the ability to produce high quality work.
- Available to work flexible hours and overtime when necessary.
- Ability to work alone and in a group to accomplish daily tasks.
- Data entry requiring typing, keying and computer competency.
- Manual dexterity to measure, cut and weigh, very small amounts of hair specimen.
- Intake mail, sort specimens and complete appropriate documentation.
- Data entry; accessioning; cutting and prepping specimens for testing and banking.
- Storage and retrieval of specimens.
- Maintenance of equipment and work stations to prevent cross-contamination of specimens.
- Must be able to up to 25 lbs. Must be able to stand and work in a refrigerated area
- Education Preferred: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Safety Training Required
- State of Credentials/ License Required